Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website for personalized baby gifts

• 27-06-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi folks,

Myself and hubby have just set up a website selling personalized baby gifts, it's our first effort at anything like this, would be very grateful for any comments or suggestions from the wise people on boards :)

The link is www.made4me.ie

Thanks all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Needs a much better logo.

No contact address - vital for trust.

No RBN - reqd.

No Privacy Policy.

No 404 page.

No happy customer feedback/testimonials etc.

Free Delivery text treatment is poor.

The NivoSlider's function is a bit unclear.

Welcome to Made4me.ie! should be removed.

2 paras have too much 'we', not enough what we can do for you.

Featured products too far down page.

What if I want to buy more than one individual item? I have to add the second one separately.

I'd go with a more orange colour for the cart buttons for better effect.

All photos are just the products with no photos in context ie. a child wearing them. It should be possible to have some which avoid any child photo issues.

Contact form could have better layout.

Can't see the postage rates page mentioned in shipping & returns. You also say you post worldwide but only have Ireland and the UK drop-down options.

Back button on some pages is broken, going to a 404 page which isn't properly executed as per point 5 above.

More could be done with the on-page SEO.

Stick Google Analytics on the site.

Use UK english not US english.

hope that helps and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14 blue_morpho

Thank you so much Trickyd for all your comments and for taking up your own time giving the site such a thorough going over. We will get working on your suggestions straight away, first up will be the legal one about displaying the RBN, never realised that :eek:

When you mention on page SEO, do you meant that we should be tailoring the text on our pages to be heavier on our relevant targeted keywords?

Thanks again for the comprehensive review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Thank you so much Trickyd for all your comments and for taking up your own time giving the site such a thorough going over. We will get working on your suggestions straight away, first up will be the legal one about displaying the RBN, never realised that :eek:

When you mention on page SEO, do you meant that we should be tailoring the text on our pages to be heavier on our relevant targeted keywords?

Thanks again for the comprehensive review.

You are very welcome. It's always nice to have reviews properly appreciated.

What I mean about the on page SEO is indeed paying more attention to your target keywords/phrases and treating them more with heading and strong tags and image alt attributes. Eg. your homepage has 1 instance of 'personalised baby gifts' and 'personalizsed baby blankets, robes, backpacks, sleeping bags, and so much more to choose from' in regular text. I would have the 1st as a h1 tag and treat the rest maybe as something like a tagline or list or snappy text below that in h2 tags. Also I'd try to get the product names in h3 tags if your cart framework can do this. Alt tags for the logo would also have 'made4me - personalised baby gifts' as just 'made4me.ie' has no SEO or great desciptive effect (the user is already at that address so what's the point, if you know what I mean).

The products pages are in a cart framework so I'm not sure how much manipulation you can do there, but there is already decent usage of heading tags.

Beware of going too mad on this, so try to keep a good balance between natural language and SEO, remembering that you design your content for your users first and foremost.

gl/hth

Advertisement