Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank/debts problems

Options
  • 27-06-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    Just want some advice.
    Had a car hire purchase with a bank.
    It was insured and I was paying extra money for the insurance.
    Than I had a serious accident at work->became unemployed.
    Applied to the insurance company to cover. Left country to Denmark, for a surgery, rehabilitation, that took some time - almost 20 months.
    Car was lost abroad due to vandals - fire. No longer physically exist.
    Now I'm back and just what I learn - insurance company denied paying anything as I had "a depression after an accident and they don't cover for mental illness".
    What to do now?
    I'm even to afraid to go and talk to the bank, as they might get someone to arrest me?
    How to check the status of my case?
    No one from the bank ever contacted me, though they have my adress...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Seek legal advice regarding the bank insurance not paying.
    If the car is lost or stolen, why cant you claim on your insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pikiey

It was abroad, and insurance covers ONLY third party outside IE...
    Insurance companies(both car and loan) just basically told me to f.. off, after paying I guess dozen hundreds to them...
    The only problem is - I was sure, that my bussiness here is "done" - insurance company taking care of loan. Now it looks like all the rest of the loan is waiting for me plus... propably some really annoyed guys for not being able to repo my car. God only knows what sort of court orders are there waiting for me...
    Can you even be brought to court in absentia? Though being unable to finish paying for the car I would like to straight things with bank an insurance company, just don't know where to start. At the moment I earn significantly less than before, basicaly enough to survive - thats why I'm afraid of them taking everything etc...

Advertisement