Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why isn't there one central place to advertise jobs?

• 27-06-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

i'm online every day checking for any updates / new job adverts ... and also check all the vec websites near me ...... "no positions currently available".... only for jobs to be advertised last week in the paper ... now obviously i know this because i check the papers too ....
    but why on earth isn't there one central place for principals/ vec's to advertise positions? its fecking annoying :mad:
    sorry rant over now :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

from next Jan, all adverts are to be placed on educationposts.ie or publicjobs.ie according to a new circular so you might see things change. although the papers are still going to be the forte of techo-phobic schools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

thanks theDriver -
    i knew that was in the pipeline just didnt' know when.
    but i was super annoyed that a position for a maternity leave cover which appeared in last week's paper hasn't been updated to the relevant vec website -- i'm hardly likely to complain to them bout it though (and potentially get myself blacklisted as an annoying troublemaker :D) so its great to vent here ...

vecs don't have to have jobs on their own websites as its up to schools to arrange interviewing and panels. Also remember all VEC schools are required to go through an NPS supplied advertising contractor

thanks again driver, i know how busy you are ! appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just looking at a ad on educationposts. If it says application requirements : referees, cv, TC registration and applications to be submitted by email/post does it mean you can email in a cover letter and cv? Or do you email requesting an application form? There is no mention of one in the ad

• Advertisement

email your cv and cover letter (even though most don't read it unless its in the same file) and ask for an application form, if required.

@TheDriver - sorry to keep bugging you -
    but you (or anyone else) might know if application forms for a maternity leave in a vec school should be returned to the vec or the school in question? it didn't say on the form although i'm about 90% sure its the school (please say its the school cos i had to post it today and took a chance sending it there -- neither vec nor school were answering their phones all day so couldn't check with them)

Advertisement