Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online advertising with google and Facebook

Options
  • 27-06-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm looking at doing some advertising with google and/or Facebook but I don't know where to start.

It would be a certain age group I'd be targeting with offers etc...

Anybody out there with experance with doing this or is there somebody that could point me in the right direction?.?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

greg4577 wrote: »
    I'm looking at doing some advertising with google and/or Facebook but I don't know where to start.

It would be a certain age group I'd be targeting with offers etc...

Anybody out there with experance with doing this or is there somebody that could point me in the right direction?.?

Thanks

Hi
    I have run 4 campaigns in last few weeks & none converted to sales. It slightly built up a few fb likes, so at least those folk will continue to see whats on there & get directed to my website etc
    Are you aware of how they work? Setting a budget for the campaign, difference between click/impression costs etc? I really spent very little so i think to have impact i need to reduce my target marget per campaign and increase my daily budget.
    My huge issue is i can see traffic sources to
    My site on google analytics & a lot comes on a smart phone-no ads appear on them though!
    Also if you target say women, aged 35-40, in naas for example just, who like knitting, you are reducing your target with too many parameters . In my opinion you would leave out the knitting. Hope this helps. Would be interested to see how it goes for you

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Greg,

I have advertised with google (a few years ago).

Try http://www.google.com/intl/en/ads/

Google make it fairly easy to manage your own advertising campaign.
    They have video tutorials explaining it all.

My campaigns were not very successful and it can be suprising how much you pay per "click".

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

dewsbury wrote: »

My campaigns were not very successful and it can be suprising how much you pay per "click".

Most businesses won't have AdWords set up optimally - if you weren't achieving top positions and if the ads weren't optimised regularly then you may have not gotten any results even though you could have.

Not saying that was the case for you as I obviously don't know, but you do need to know what you are doing - you can get great results if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PapaDragon

I would suggest facebook especially if your after the young crowd.

Just sign up to Facebooks advertising platform. Once your in you can drill into each advertising campaign and target specific age groups i.e 18-25 in dublin etc , etc. how much you want to spend ? etc Once your ad is approved your up and running. Start small and test the waters first then work from there. Make sure to check your stats and tweak from there.

I hope that helps a bit.

Advertisement