Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about cashing a cheque

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi there,

Due to the troubles with Ulster Bank, my boyfriend was offered to be paid by cheque which he would have to cash in the company's branch which is AIB Ballsbridge. He took them up on this offer as he wasn't sure what was happening with Ulster Bank... the thing is, he works 8.30-5 for the next 3 weeks which means he won't be able to get to the bank..

Will they let me cash it for him in AIB Ballsbridge does anyone know?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Absolutely not. They will only cash it to him with proper ID, Passport or Driving license.

I imagine considering the situation with Ulster bank his employer would grant him some leeway to go and get his pay sorted. None of this is his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Since they offered him to have the cheque cashed in their bank, i am pretty sure they let him take an hour off to get this sorted. Granted that if there is more employees to take time off to get cash, they need to arrange it so business won't be much affected.
    At least the employers get things sorted. They should get some rewards from Ulster Bank after it all ends...

Advertisement