Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introducing Nexus 7 = google android tablet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Its 200 for the 8gb excluding delivery & sales tax.
    Currys price is fine

Is Currys the 16gb version, I forgot about the tax issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Is Currys the 16gb version, I forgot about the tax issue.

Yep. Only the play store is selling the 8gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Yes, the from source price of the us is 200 euro for the 16 GB. The 200 dollars is 8gb which you can't buy. 200 euro plus us tax would make it 230 if you bought it in the US. In Dixon's they sell it for that price, so more is expected if you get it in PC world.

EDIT:Sorry for answering what night have been answered they were written while I was typing :PAC:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Yep. Only the play store is selling the 8gb

Well then with the tax added in and delivery it is a good price, thanks for answering those questions.

Now the only issue is whether I want this or the transformer or some other 10" tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah the €256 I mentioned earlier was a guess though near enough for what should be the actual delivered price.

€249 (store price) + €7.99 (delivery charge) = €256.99 so 99c off :)

Though if you live near one of the PC World / Curry stores, a few of them should have it in stock next week.

Keep an eye on this thread for further updates tomorrow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Bought mine in HMV for €239.99.

Don't think that price will be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

Anyone have any ideas where else in Cork I might be able to buy this?

Contacted Currys/PC World this morning the stock hasn't arrived yet, they weren't able to tell me when they would be back in stock.

3 Argos stores in Cork out of stock and there is no indication as to when they are going to be back in stock. - **Just spoke to someone in Blackpool Retail park, next delivery date is 9th September as they are finding it hard to get them through suppliers

HMV cork don't sell them and the guy over the phone said they won't be allocated them until christmas.

Soundstore aren't listing them on their website.

The girl from Carphone Warehouse told me they don't sell tablets anymore full stop.

Am I missing anywhere? :P

**Edit

Just to add to that list, Harvey Normans don't list it on their website.

Neither do Expert electrical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

dregin wrote: »
    Bought mine in HMV for €239.99.

Don't think that price will be beaten.

today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

Contacted Currys/PC World this morning the stock hasn't arrived yet, they weren't able to tell me when they would be back in stock.

3 Argos stores in Cork sold out and there is no indication as to when they are going to be back in stock.

HMV cork don't sell them and the guy over the phone said they won't be allocated them until christmas.

The girl from Carphone Warehouse told me they don't sell tablets anymore full stop.

**Edit

I'm thinking the people you were talking to in Argos and car phone warehouse don't know what they are talking about . To the best of my knowledge Argos haven't even gotten them in yet and CPW haven't got any yet but they do tablets and according to the manager in the limerick store they hope to have them before the end of the month . As for HMV , I got mine in The crescent here in limerick and they hope to have more in stock before the end of the month as well .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    I'm thinking the people you were talking to in Argos and car phone warehouse don't know what they are talking about . To the best of my knowledge Argos haven't even gotten them in yet and CPW haven't got any yet but they do tablets and according to the manager in the limerick store they hope to have them before the end of the month . As for HMV , I got mine in The crescent here in limerick and they hope to have more in stock before the end of the month as well .

Based on the argos online stock checker which by default says sold out even if the stock hasn't come in in the first place (as i've just learned). Anywhoo, just got off the phone from them in Blackpool and i've edited my post above.

Correction, out of stock, not sold out. My bad :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

3 Argos stores in Cork out of stock and there is no indication as to when they are going to be back in stock. - **Just spoke to someone in Blackpool Retail park, next delivery date is 9th September as they are finding it hard to get them through suppliers

**Edit

Due into PC World Mahon point this evening out for sale tomorrow.
    Wouldn't let me reserve one :(

Sheeps wrote: »
    today?

Negative, I bought mine almost 2 weeks ago. I just dropped in and gave em my name and number. They held one for me in the next batch that came in 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fintanmurphy

They have stopped holding devices for people now due to high demand, the MD of Currys/PC World Ireland said so himself.

See other thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056686662&page=44

They have stopped holding devices for people now due to high demand, the MD of Currys/PC World Ireland said so himself.

See other thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056686662&page=44

... and I was talking about HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fintanmurphy

...and I should read posts more thoroughly before responding. Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

The girl from Carphone Warehouse told me they don't sell tablets anymore full stop

Not sure if its tablets full stop but I had to get some Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablets recently for work and the local CPW said they are definately not stocking them any more as they cant get them sold.
    They couldnt say for sure if they were getting in the 8" version.

Update from Declan regarding online ordering and those stores that were mentioned earlier:
    It will be back online this morning. Will be easy to find as we'll put it up as a banner and link The online store has received a 30 + allocation and we'll put it back up and keep it there depending on demand.

For the 6 other stores, the status on our system is that the product is in transit. That means that it has for definite left the central warehouse and is on its way to stores.

Once it physically arrives at the store there's a bit of bureaucracy insofar as the stock needs to be booked onto the store stock system. Once that's done it's ready to be sold.

There's a con call this morning with store managers and I've asked for very specific feedback as to the status. I don't know what any presales are like in stores.

In case your not following the Currys/PC World Thread here's the latest update... it's good news if your looking to get one today (in Cork, Galway or Dublin)!
    Right, here's the status from the con call.

Currys & PC World Mahon Point, Blanchardstown, PC Workld Carrickmines and Currys in Galway will have stock on sale today. About 20 units per store at a minimum, which means that there will probabaly be further deliveries this week.

We reckon that the stock will be available from 4 pm approximately. That is an estimate and does depend on the store both receiving and processing its delivery. Could be 3.30 , could be 5 pm.

Jervis St and PC World Liffey Valley will not have stock today, that will be tomorrow and stock will go on sale at the same approximate times.

As I said already, I don't know whether there are any pre sales in stores and I haven't asked tbh. That's too complex to try to keep up with.
    Crossed lines on the con call, with apologies, having spoken directly with the Jervis store manager

Jervis stock has arrived and the delivery is being booked onto our system. We have about 25 pre sales which will include yours. This product is available for you to collect from 4 pm.

The situation is very fluid but it looks like there are about 10 units available to purchase after all the presales are catered for. So if anyone wants to head over now they should be good for a unit at 4pm

Regarding ordering from website:
    Technical glitch. We can't get the product page up for reasons that I won't bore you with. So we're getting a pre-order banner done. Once you order on that it's a confirmed order and we'll send out stock the minute we have it. Should be up shortly and I'll post the minute it's up, so no need to keep refreshing.

I know I should edit the above post but too good an update:

They are now available to buy online!!

€249.99 + Delivery - Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

fighting so hard not to buy it... I tell myself "Get it in the US as that will keep wife happy..."

won't save much money mind you but least she's happy...

god's toy wrote: »
    fighting so hard not to buy it... I tell myself "Get it in the US as that will keep wife happy..."

The 16GB version actually works out cheaper @ €239.99 from HMV when you factor in tax and delivery in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

god's toy wrote: »

The 16GB version actually works out cheaper @ €239.99 from HMV when you factor in tax and delivery in the US.

Well you see I'm going over there in a months time so she keeps telling me I can just buy it over there... But being a man I want it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Only 1 left in blanch now. Ask behind the till if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Troll Hunter

pick up of these badboys:P at lunchtime in blanch. I am home from work now and i pull it in as its not charged. How long does it take to charge up to 100%? I assume i should charge fully before using it.

pick up of these badboys:P at lunchtime in blanch. I am home from work now and i pull it in as its not charged. How long does it take to charge up to 100%? I assume i should charge fully before using it.

Not sure as I never actually charged mine before using it. Whenever I did charge it... it was slow to charge for me though that may improve over time. Should say it in the manual anyway.

Also new people to Nexus 7 check out GrumPys thread:
    Nexus 7 Owners Thread - apps, tips & tricks!

I'd recommend you also do the VPN trick before you set everything up to get your free Google Store money ($25/£15).

Trying to get rid of that horrible google now bar at the top of my nexus screen.

I went into the app and disabled google search and google voice search but its still there, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Trying to get rid of that horrible google now bar at the top of my nexus screen.

I went into the app and disabled google search and google voice search but its still there, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Well reenable the searches anyway, install apex launcher and then go settings>desktop>persistant search bar. What's wrong with it though?

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    Well reenable the searches anyway, install apex launcher and then go settings>desktop>persistant search bar. What's wrong with it though?

Nothing really, I just don't really like it :p

Rebooted and it's gone :)

• Advertisement

Nothing really, I just don't really like it :p

Rebooted and it's gone :)

True but if you do it that way the top is still dead space anyway that you can't use, including the margin under it :rolleyes:

True but if you do it that way the top is still dead space anyway that you can't use, including the margin under it :rolleyes:

I have a clock widget there, i'd rather have that than an grey bar which I won't use :)

I have a clock widget there, i'd rather have that than an grey bar which I won't use :)

True. didn't know you could actually put stuff there see. What I got was a blank space but nothing would snap to it :(

True. didn't know you could actually put stuff there see. What I got was a blank space but nothing would snap to it :(

I still have a bit of a blank space :p (probably larger than your average space at the top of a phone display) but I'm kinda OCD when it comes to customising my home pages :o So I'm cool with the minimalist non-google-bar look :P

Each to their own, I guess that's the joy of android :p Customising to your tastes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

Hi All,

Did anyone manage to claim the Play Store credit. Can't seem to find a reliable source that's applicable to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

Link
    Ahhh, perfect. Did you use the rooting method? If that's the case I'll root it now and get my credit

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Are all you guys getting this from pc world? Any other stores selling them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Macronelf wrote: »

tesco are supposed to have some.

Macronelf wrote: »

HMV are cheapest @ €239.99

I really should be getting some sort of commission from them at this stage, with all the spamming :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

HMV are cheapest @ €239.99

I really should be getting some sort of commission from them at this stage, with all the spamming :)

They don't have any though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

Being of a slightly stupid nature I didn't realise you couldn't buy any apps unless you had a credit card . I was just about to get the XDA Premium App thinking I could use paypal :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

jonski wrote: »
    Being of a slightly stupid nature I didn't realise you couldn't buy any apps unless you had a credit card . I was just about to get the XDA Premium App thinking I could use paypal :(

get one of them 3v cards a topup credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

irishgeo wrote: »
    get one of them 3v cards a topup credit card

Or get a Visa/Mastercard debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'd certainly be buying one of these, apart from one misgiving: the size. Posting this from my girlfriend's ipad, the size of which is perfect for what I want in a tablet. Is the seven inch comfortable to browse, read, type on? I played with a nexus in PC world but wasn't sure. Any thoughts?

draffodx wrote: »
    Or get a Visa/Mastercard debit card.

what about google wallet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'd certainly be buying one of these, apart from one misgiving: the size. Posting this from my girlfriend's ipad, the size of which is perfect for what I want in a tablet. Is the seven inch comfortable to browse, read, type on? I played with a nexus in PC world but wasn't sure. Any thoughts?

A 7" is ideal for traveling - very portable, everything on it. I had a Galaxy Tab last Summer while traveling and used it for a load of different things, even photographs and phone calls. Doing any kind of typing is a pain, though. Then again, you could say about all tablets.

However, for daily use, I prefer a 10" device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

A Neurotic wrote: »

I have a first gen 3G iPad and this week got the Nexus 7. Probably gonna sell the iPad now. It does everything I use the iPad for, better IMO.
    The form factor is better, much easier to hold in one hand, casually carry around and use on a plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Any stores have stock at this point?

• Advertisement
Advertisement