Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introducing Nexus 7 = google android tablet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Really loving this device. Fantastic piece of kit. Now if only we could only get skygo working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Really loving this device. Fantastic piece of kit. Now if only we could only get skygo working on it.

the nexus 8 will be out before that happens, sky are **** at developing.

but they have to protect all the rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just bought a game in the sale there for 25 cent using my free credit and it worked fine.

You have until Sept 2013 to use the free credit which is good as I still have over $40 left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

I bought the Sixaxis app yesterday to try it out with GTA3.

The game and android both support gamepad controllers so, WOW, my amazement when all the Playstation controls worked exactly as expected. If I'm doing any travelling over the next few weeks this will be a must!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

ULMarc wrote: »
    I bought the Sixaxis app yesterday to try it out with GTA3.

The game and android both support gamepad controllers so, WOW, my amazement when all the Playstation controls worked exactly as expected. If I'm doing any travelling over the next few weeks this will be a must!

Great to hear. Going to try it later tonight? Was the set up hard?

No, I just just did it kind of intuitively and then after a google realised there was nothing more to do. You sync it similar to how you'd sync the controller to a regular ps3 by plugging it in. Then you can plug it out and use it over bluetooth.

2 things I did was in the settings menu I checked Enable Gamepad. And the app also prompts you to enable the controller drivers as an input device.

There was no in game setup. Nor did I need to set up any profiles in the Sixaxis app

No, I just just did it kind of intuitively and then after a google realised there was nothing more to do. You sync it similar to how you'd sync the controller to a regular ps3 by plugging it in. Then you can plug it out and use it over bluetooth.

2 things I did was in the settings menu I checked Enable Gamepad. And the app also prompts you to enable the controller drivers as an input device.

There was no in game setup. Nor did I need to set up any profiles in the Sixaxis app

Excellent. Work can't finish soon enough now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Gotta say I'm loving the nexus 7 as a portableish laptop just for writing documents and surfing the web. I currently have a keyboard and USB key connected through a USB OTG cable and its flawless even though the nexus is supplying power to the usb hub.

Probably the best android device I've bought! Also to the above, is the the android version of GTA3 you used or rather an emulator?

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »
    Gotta say I'm loving the nexus 7 as a portableish laptop just for writing documents and surfing the web. I currently have a keyboard and USB key connected through a USB OTG cable and its flawless even though the nexus is supplying power to the usb hub.

Probably the best android device I've bought! Also to the above, is the the android version of GTA3 you used or rather an emulator?

It's the android version. Sadly I don't have the time to tinker with games and emulators the way I used to :P

The sixaxis connection worked a treat!! Can't believe it was so easy! +1 for that anyway!

It's the android version. Sadly I don't have the time to tinker with games and emulators the way I used to :P

Thanks for letting me know tbh gonna go buy it now. Nothing like some GTA to pass the time on a four hour break between lectures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If anyone is having issues getting the Playstation Mobile store on their N7, try this guide from Android Police. Worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Apologies if its been asked before but are there any issues with buying a Nexus 7 in the States for use here? Warranty, charging, play store type issues...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

cdb wrote: »
    Apologies if its been asked before but are there any issues with buying a Nexus 7 in the States for use here? Warranty, charging, play store type issues...

I did just that and it's working fine over here. Charging works over here but you need an adaptor. Play store is sooo much better over there but after a day of being back in Ireland you get our crappy version.
    as for Warranty, suppose you would have to return it to the US but I'm not sure on that as you can but them here too.

Got mine in Bestbuy for $266.

Why do you think they didn't tell you?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

There'll probably be a 64gb 6 months further down the line that would make you regret buying the 32gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    If anyone is having issues getting the Playstation Mobile store on their N7, try this guide from Android Police. Worked for me.

Hey Otacon, for me it says it not available in this region. Are you using an american psn account?

tok9 wrote: »
    Hey Otacon, for me it says it not available in this region. Are you using an american psn account?

No, I'm in the UK. It's possible it may not be available in Ireland.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

No, I'm in the UK. It's possible it may not be available in Ireland.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up...
    AAAAAAwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I registered my gmail account and credit card , how do i see my balance on the play store , i was meant to get €25 free credit. , don't wanna buy games unless i know i have credit

Ive the 16gb and official nexus leather case €289 in all

I registered my gmail account and credit card , how do i see my balance on the play store , i was meant to get €25 free credit. , don't wanna buy games unless i know i have credit

If you go to purchase an app, you are prompted before you confirm the transaction to select the payment method [one may be set as your default]. You can then cancel the purchase before you buy anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

If you go to purchase an app, you are prompted before you confirm the transaction to select the payment method [one may be set as your default]. You can then cancel the purchase before you buy anything.

i appreciate this , but so far i've only downloaded free apps , is there a way i can see if my credit has been applied ?

• Advertisement

Did you have the account registered before the time ran out some weeks back?
    If so just go to buy an app and you will have the choice of payment.

When did you think get the free credit as the offer expired the end of last month.

You also needed to register/set-up with a VPN for the free credit.

:rolleyes: ^^ What he said... you just go to pay but don't actually buy anything. If you do accidently buy something you can refund it seconds later!

It should give you the option of your credit card or play store credit.

Small update but at least they finally added home-screen rotation as a feature and not something you had to tweak!

• Advertisement

• Try taking out the charger and lead and reassembling it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No update for me yet

Anyone else update theirs yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Plugged mine in yesterday and went from 12% to 95% in 3 hours 20 minutes. It could have overheated and shut off charging. I think that's what happened to mine twice. I checked the stats and there was a temp spike and when I turned it on with it still plugged in but it wasn't charging. I posted about it two months ago.

On a different occasion I was using my kindle charger and it was very slow.

Are you using the charger that came with it? It's has a 2A output so should only take about 4 Hr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

I was actually surprised at how fast it charges , mine charges faster than my phone .

Mine charged very slow for first few days... was taking all night at one stage but not it seems to charge fairly quick, normally i switch off the usually battery draining while its on charge to speed up the process or else just switch the device off.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

My first charge took half a day. But now it only seems to take an hour or two.

Could be a bug, see if anything is better after the JB update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

god's toy wrote: »
    Are you using the charger that came with it? It's has a 2A output so should only take about 4 Hr

For some strange reason mine works much better with the cable that comes with it too.

I was using the charger with a cable that came with my LG phone and it was taking ages, unwrapped its' own cable - got rapid charging.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

god's toy wrote: »

For some strange reason mine works much better with the cable that comes with it too.

I was using the charger with a cable that came with my LG phone and it was taking ages, unwrapped its' own cable - got rapid charging.

From what I understand it's to do with a data feed that's on the cable and supported by the n7 charger. When it's plugged in this data line asks the charger to give the full beans of charge rate. Some cables don't support this and so the charger takes longer to complete its task as it was never told to give all its charge rate.

Got my 4.1.2 update bout an hour ago if any of you are still waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Any way to force the update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭corkie

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Any way to force the update?
    A tip from the xda forums is to stop and clear "Google framework services" and then try checking for the update again or you can manually install!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

corkie wrote: »
    A tip from the xda forums is to stop and clear "Google framework services" and then try checking for the update again or you can manually install!

Worked for me!

fguinan wrote: »
    Worked for me!

grrrrr , tried it , didn't work for me ....get off these forums with your happy go lucky things are working for me attitude and don't let me see you here again until something isn't working :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I also tried it but no luck. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    I also tried it but no luck. Very frustrating.

Looking at the other thread here I am not seeing anyone from Ireland with an Irish N7 that got the update OTA so no need to worry yet .

Advertisement