Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

convict cichlids and live plants

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

decided to go with a pair of convicts in my 25 gallon tank
    when i get it set up.is there any easy to care for plants that they wont eat/destroy?or will i be fighting a loosing battle with live plants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Theo.Warfield

I keep convicts and unless you have a previously planted tank with a good root system established the plants wont stand much chance unfortunatly, I have a hatchling tank with some java ferns in it that are quite well rooted and they havent been too chomped by the lil lads at all but I dont keep them in there too long, but otherwise I wouldnt spend money on plants to keep with them.

Convicts breed quite readily its great but separate them after a few weeks as the parents arent very child friendly if the get hungry at all.- bad times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Convicts breed quite readily its great but separate them after a few weeks as the parents arent very child friendly if the get hungry at all.- bad times

I disagree..i have a tank full of convict fry and i've never seen the parents eating any..they seem to look after thier progeny very well.

As to what i'm going to do wih all these fish..well thats another matter:o

Advertisement