Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shorthorn bull on bff

• 27-06-2012 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

best shorhorn bull ever

icon1.gifRe: Stock Bulls
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gareth_bryson viewpost.gif
    Here are some photo's of a Cracking Beef Shorthorn Bull that my friends cousin bred in The County Clare. He has been DNA tested and is 100% pure shorthorn and is free of the Myoststin gene. He Is called Rowan berry Donatello and i am led to believe he has been sold to Orkney.

rowanberry.jpg

rowanbxwx.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

dealerman wrote: »
    best shorhorn bull ever

icon1.gifRe: Stock Bulls
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gareth_bryson viewpost.gif
    Here are some photo's of a Cracking Beef Shorthorn Bull that my friends cousin bred in The County Clare. He has been DNA tested and is 100% pure shorthorn and is free of the Myoststin gene. He Is called Rowan berry Donatello and i am led to believe he has been sold to Orkney.

rowanberry.jpg

rowanbxwx.jpg

What gene has he been tested free of? Is that not the double muscle gene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Bodacious wrote: »
    What gene has he been tested free of? Is that not the double muscle gene?

I would imagine it was the TH gene he was tested for. Was talking to a shorthorn breeder about it last year and he said it presents itself like down syndrome in people. Must be a problem with shorthorns because I dont think they can be registered without being tested for it. He looks a fair bull though in fairness!!! There will be shorthorns going to Italy soon if a few more like this lad could be found :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Serious looking bull alright. Cross lim with a Lim cows and you'd have great sucklers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

Hey, if an Irish bull has got the approval of BFF he must be something special.

It'll take a lot of emails & begging to get him onto the British SH register, but it'll be worth it because they are so much better than us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

any chance of a link to a picture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Finno59

Advertisement