Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Curve 8520

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

My daughter got a new BBC back in February. Today, all it's doing is showing a white screen and buzzing every time a txt comes through or a msg. Anybody got any ideas on how I can fix this, or will I have to bring it back to the shop? Tx in advance
    LB6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

have you tried taking the battery out for a few minutes? If so then it probably needs to go back to the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you try turning it off and then on again?
    Try connecting to a PC and update the firmware (if the PC can see the phone). Install Blackberry desktop software first.
    http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

edit: aye, good suggestion, remove battery for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I find most issues with the Curve can be resolved with a battery pull for a couple of minutes. A simple power-off then on again has little effect any time I've tried that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hi guys - did all that battery out/in, on/off, connect to LT etc last night, all to no avail. Dropped it back to shop this morning. Seems that it may need a new screen as the phone still makes noise when getting messages.

Have to wait now till it comes back for the update.

Advertisement