Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 14 Results

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:13pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans have a nervy win over the Jags after 2 baffling ints that must have hit 6 players before getting caught.

MJD had 2 80 yards TDs called back fro penalties but got himself 181 yards and a TD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Packers got back into a rhythm. Bradford throwing for over 400 yards to 6 different receivers for 6 TDs. Roll on the run in with the Lions up next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Last minute fieldgoal wins 17-14 for the Texans against Pittsburgh. Their rookie QB likes to throw it around!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

AFC South struggling against the CPU this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Bills defeat a spirited CPU cardinals. 42-17 . Put my back ups at the end of the 3rd when I was 30 points up. Matty Ice looks for open recievcers. Was a nervy affair in 1st quarter till LaRon Landry forced a fumble on Williams. My rookie DT Morris scoops it up and runs 40 yards for a TD . Morris has been exceptional in his rookie season with 8 sacks at DT !

After that I was able to keep scoring. 10-3 and 3 tricky games and depending on results in the AFC West I need to win to win two of them OT assure a play off spo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Cheers, they've had a decent record as a CPU team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Quarter 1
    The Chiefs won the toss and decided to receive. Gonzalez and company tore me up going down the field but I waited for the interception and it came in the end zone by Will Allen (Some player for a nickelback with 12 years in the league). A first down but the Chiefs kept me at bay with hard hits on my receivers to stop their catches (I think it's fair to say the ballhawk wasn't on song today, very little playing the ball in the air) to force a punt. They went downfield with ease again in the passing game but had some trouble again. They had to settle for a field goal from 45 yards out to end the first quarter. The score: Raiders 0-3 Chiefs

Quarter 2

Little offense to start out the quarter, until the Chiefs again went rumbling downfield. However Vince Young's white line fever got to him. He threw a pick, this time to dimeback Storm Foreman. At this point I was thinking that I had to take it to the house or else I would be shut out, but an offensive lineman caught him before he could break free. Nevertheless the silver and black got going, with runs from DeAngelo Bell and a couple of completions to Greg Olsen, a fumble overturned by replay (frankly a ridiculous call, the original one) and got to the Chiefs 18 yard line. At this point I figured I could pass it in. Hill dropped back, saw no one was open but he had room to run (I have been perfecting the art of scrambling with a QB who has 45 speed) and took it all the way to the one yard line. A toss to Bell gave the Raiders a 7-3 lead with 25 seconds left.

The Chiefs wanted the last word however, and my prevent defense (which prevents nothing, I have no idea why I called it when they had 3 timeouts) let them get to my 18 yard line, where they kicked a field goal. We went to halftime with the Raiders leading 7-6.

Quarter 3
    The Raiders received the ball in the third quarter, and wanted to add to their (undeserved) half time lead. DeAngelo Bell, the rookie superstar, got us down to the 25 yard line and the old 25 yard pass to Louis Murphy came off for a touchdown. 14-6 to the Raiders.

Vince Young came out angry and crucified the Raiders defense, throwing a TD pass to diva WR Jonathan Baldwin from 11 yards out. However the 2 point conversion failed and the score was 14-12 to the Raiders.

Quarter 4
    A little Greg Olsen, a little DeAngelo Bell, a little Kevin Smith, Sammy Morris and Matt Hill whose happy feet gave him a 24 yard run (proving 45 speed means nothing) and the Raiders got to the Chiefs red zone. This time DeAngelo Bell took the toss in from 16 yards for a score. 21-12 to the Raiders.

The Chiefs were not finished however and went on a long drive to the Raiders red zone. Another agonizing pick to Will Allen and the Raiders had the ball but at their 5 with 3 minutes left. That really should've been game over. And you would swear it was when DeAngelo Bell took the toss 95 yards for the score on the first play (chased by a linebacker all the way, who nearly got him), but maybe I should've kneeled at the 1 yard line to force him to waste his timeouts. 27-12 to the Raiders with 3 minutes left. An extra point grants a 16 point lead, which should be safe, but I went for the 2 and was stopped short.

An absolutely furious drive was led by Vince Young ended with an 18 yard TD pass to Tony Gonzalez with 2 and a half minutes left in the game. Game on.

I got a first down and forced the Chiefs to waste timeouts, but on 2nd down on the toss Bell let himself be pushed out of bounds! On 3rd down Louis Murphy was open all the way down in the Chiefs redzone, but the pass was just off. However the punt was inch perfect, all the way to the 1 with 1 and a half minutes left. No bother for the Chiefs who managed to get it down the field, but they couldn't get out of bounds. On third down with a few seconds left, the Chiefs got to the Raiders 5 yard line, but the idiot refs brought out the chains! The Chiefs had lost valuable seconds! They managed to get to the line and snap the ball with 1 second left and the pass was caught but he was stopped! Just one yard short. A cruel ending for the Chiefs, who had drived 98 yards without scoring, and who had blown several scoring opportunities throughout the game.

Best game of the year from an entertainment standpoint for me, just like last year's game against the CPU Chiefs. Phew.

MVP was DeAngelo Bell with 20 rushes for 211 yards and 3 touchdowns. Matt Hill had 2 runs for 40 yards.

On the Chiefs side Addai had 9 rushes for 58 yards, and Vince Young's "never say dive" daring strategy got him 27 rushes off 3 attempts.

In the passing game I could again get little done. Only 10 passes left his hand, 4 completed for 114 yards and no picks, with 1 touchdown.

Vince Young was the usual mixed bag. 27 for 39 with an insane 515 yards, getting 2 TDs off them, but he threw 3 interceptions. Turnover battle is the one you want to win, and I've been winning it all season. 5 PvP games, and like 4 turnovers.

In the receiving game there was little to talk about for me. Greg Olsen had 3 catches for 89 yards and Louis Murphy had one 25 yard catch for a TD.

Tony Gonzalez was the focal point for the Chiefs, with 13 catches for 223 yards and a score. Unbelievably I didn't notice him but Jabar Gaffney has 6 catches for 159 yards and a score. Very nice day's work. Gray had 3 catches for 86 yards, while Baldwin had 4 for 37 yards.

On the defensive side, I was nickelled and dimed all day long, so the linebackers were a no show, bar Timmons who led the team with 5 tackles, 2 for loss. Peters and Bowers had 2 sacks each, and somehow both of Bowers' were on the 2 man rush. One of Peters' was hardly a sack, Young barely lost a foot on the play. Will Allen had 2 interceptions, Storm Foreman had 1. For the Chiefs Shaun Ellis had 2 sacks, while no one else collected any great stats.

I hope I'm not in your division by the time you sort out your red zone woes, Darbey! I might have clinched the 2nd seed already, but I don't know the third tiebreaker, so I hope to send my backups out to play you when you visit Oakland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Don't have the energy to post a long one on this game, after another shocking performance by me, am getting worse by the week.
    Could only hear you intermittently on the mic Jeremias Defeated Topcoat, shame but I probably wouldn't have been great banter during this game.

Was picked apart on first drive by Redskins, too much going on to stop that offense. 7-0 WAS
    Drove back up for what seemed like ages, run, run, run some more including a 4th & inches QB sneak. 7-7
    Intercepted Kolb on next drive, but unable to anything cos that pussy Danario Alexander got hit and let the ball come loose after he'd caught a 3rd down conversion. All bad from here on out...
    Redskins drive up, stopped short and as the clock ticks away to 0:00 ball gets snapped and quick TD pass. 14-7 WAS
    The injuries didn't help either, RT Otah left in 1st half and there was pressure all day then from that side.
    LE Johnson and MLB Dansby went out of the game shortly after.
    2nd Half
    Too much to remember what happened in second half, couple of interceptions from Cam (when game was till in the balance and one more late on), one of which was a great user pick by Jeremias Defeated Topcoat.
    Redskins offense kept picking my defense apart, ball gone before I could pressure every time.
    Final score: 35-7 WAS

Have a bad feeling about these playoffs, 3 CPU games before I get knocked out in wildcard round by Bills or Chargers.
    Don't have the time to actually play this game, and it's showing. Would actually prefer to be playing human games every week and losing (and hopefully improving), than fattening up my record on CPU games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Jeremias Defeated Topcoat

bah your being modest rob i got a last second td before the half we all know how frustrating they are and a few lucky picks otherwise it could have been a damn close game.

well that leaves me with 3 cpu games left so all going well 3 wins but i need favours off people against the bears/packers to reach the playoffs so have at them lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

bah your being modest rob i got a last second td before the half we all know how frustrating they are and a few lucky picks otherwise it could have been a damn close game.

well that leaves me with 3 cpu games left so all going well 3 wins but i need favours off people against the bears/packers to reach the playoffs so have at them lads
    Ha, in all my annoyance probably didn't do your offense justice with the review. Very hard to stop. Tried taking away Larry Fitz early (which kinda worked) but got beaten my loads of other guys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well I lost again, well done paddy you played well, but F**k me those 2 holding penalties, one took a TD off the board and the second on my final drive on 3rd and inches.

Also my O-line can't pass protect this season for some reason. even on max protection and quick slants I'm getting sacked, it's happened in a few games this season.

Well that's my season done anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

This was Drew Brees first visit to the Superdome since 2 young upstarts named Ben and Eamonn overthrew Overlord Goddell and the face of the NFL was changed forever. They declared everyone a free agent and a draft was called, the order of which was completely random.

But enough history, the game at hand: Giants 30 - 7 Saints.

It wasn't as easy as the score suggests. the Giants now traditional slow start against CPU opponents continued. QB Nacho went perfect on his first drive until he threw a pick. Druuuuu, feeling the nerves of being in front of his beloved Saints fans threw a pick back. QB Nacho then led his team back down the field this time for a td.

The Giants DC then tore his D-line a new one and it showed. QB Nacho did not look comfortable for the rest of the game, ending up being sacked 8 times. 3 a piece for Holmes and Morgan has them both in the top five sack leaders for the league.

Heading into the 4th the Giants put in some "less productive" (thanks Ibmax, team unity is still high) players, and it paid dividends with Alex Smith (remember him?) connecting with Bernard Berrian (never mind Smith, remember him?????) for a 60 yard td.

I know it's not as head wrecking as Adrian's above, the Saints were in field goal range about to kick when they went early got a penalty which moved them out of range.

Giants are now NFC East champs, which pleases the GM who through 3 years of drafting and some trading built a team he is very happy with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well I lost again, well done paddy you played well, but F**k me those 2 holding penalties, one took a TD off the board and the second on my final drive on 3rd and inches.

Also my O-line can't pass protect this season for some reason. even on max protection and quick slants I'm getting sacked, it's happened in a few games this season.

Well that's my season done anyway.

Well played Adrian you had no luck at all it this and everything seemed to go my way for a change. Nine wins now for the bears and CPU Vikings up next so things looking good for the wild card spot before a though finish to the season against division rivals packers and loins.

Ha, in all my annoyance probably didn't do your offense justice with the review. Very hard to stop. Tried taking away Larry Fitz early (which kinda worked) but got beaten my loads of other guys
    No offense taken .... Get it offense and offence ...............sorry lads iv let the league down with that one

Congrats et fully deserved great season do the beast of the east proud

Well played Adrian you had no luck at all it this and everything seemed to go my way for a change. Nine wins now for the bears and CPU Vikings up next so things looking good for the wild card spot before a though finish to the season against division rivals packers and loins.

Yeah, just one of those games I think.

Turning point I think was where I was inside FG range and down by 3 in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter.

I called a slant to Britt who was in the slot, he was wide open but you sacked me really quickly. I was so annoyed I called the same play again but this time britt was pretty well covered and you picked it off.

Well played today and best of luck for the rest of the year. With Ben and Eamonn playing each other you have a good shot at winning the division.

Could the bears and packers please stop winning games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

@matthew

Was a great game (good review by the way) yet a horrible one to be on the losing side of. Give me a qb with half the scrambling speed but twice the accuracy and I'll be happy!
    I HATE VINCE YOUNG! I know I keep saying it but he cr@ps himself in the red zone when the throws have to be spot on!
    One of the INTs I was full blown holding right to force the pass to the right side of the receiver (i.e. his open side) and the pass goes to the left and is gleefully grabbed by your should be past it after 12 years in the league nickel back!

Stats made interesting reading, my receivers were more productive than I "felt" during the game. Gonz is still a beast though!

Wild card spot may be out of reach now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Nelbert wrote: »
    @matthew

Was a great game (good review by the way) yet a horrible one to be on the losing side of. Give me a qb with half the scrambling speed but twice the accuracy and I'll be happy!
    I HATE VINCE YOUNG! I know I keep saying it but he cr@ps himself in the red zone when the throws have to be spot on!
    One of the INTs I was full blown holding right to force the pass to the right side of the receiver (i.e. his open side) and the pass goes to the left and is gleefully grabbed by your should be past it after 12 years in the league nickel back!

Stats made interesting reading, my receivers were more productive than I "felt" during the game. Gonz is still a beast though!

One tip would be to run the ball a bit more. It was working finely for you yesterday but you never really used it in the redzone. Game management is the name of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

matthew8 wrote: »
    Nelbert wrote: »
    @matthew

One tip would be to run the ball a bit more. It was working finely for you yesterday but you never really used it in the redzone. Game management is the name of the game.
    Your defensive setups in the red zone prevented it. I audibled out of a couple of runs as in the redzone as it was when you'd the best setup to stop the run cause the field wasn't long enough to get stretched enough by coverage of the WRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Bucs beat panthers 50-13 to win NFC South. Sloppy game with a magical 7 turnovers shared between the team. We're it not for 5 fumbles recovered by the fumbling team we would have hit double digits!!! Gotta love wet weather football!!!

3 games left and in a good fight with the NFC North for the number 2 seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams beat jets 34-7!......Well i can dream cant I!!! Jets plough on unbeaten only breaking one jaw and one thumb on the way. Threw too many picks to stand a chance after scoring first. Got busted with some excellent runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons beat the CPU Eagles after some scheduling troubles. Win 27 - 10 and Jonathan Stewart is out for 4 weeks so that's his season and over and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Seahawks @ Lions

Visitors get the ball to start and work it steadily down field to have Hillis run it in from the 5 yd line halfway through quarter. 7 - 0

Lions come back hard but Seahwaks manage to stop them on halfway mark and force them to punt it away.
    Stafford throws ball right into Thurmonds hands for an interception right off the bat and hangs his head in shame.
    Lions held to a field goal from 41yds out. 7 -3

Seahawks have no answer to this and go 3 and out.

Lions are unlucky and on next series throw an interception.

Seahawks get back into motion and drive down field to score another TD with 30 seconds left in half. This time a 18yd pass to Mariani

Lions try to fight back but throw another inception, making it 14 -3 Seahawks at end of 1st half.

Second half underway, and off to a bad start for both offenses with two 3 and outs.

Lions pick up some steam now and on their second drive of half and force Seahawks to own 8 yd line before they are finally stopped to force a FG as the 3rd quarter winds down. 14 - 6

With the gap closing Seahawks take notice and work ball down field to answer with another TD pass to Mariani with 5 mins left in game. 21 - 6

Lions get aggressive and a minute later Johnson runs it in for 6 from 1 yd out. Looking to bring it to within a score they toss it to johnson who easily makes the 2 point conversion. 21 -14 with just under 4 minutes left to turn it around for Lions

Seahawks know they are in hot water now and start some serious clock management. They run the ball up field, forcing Lions to waste time outs and somehow keep procession to end up victorious over the mighty Lions.

Final Score - Seahawks 21 - Lions 14

MoTM - M. Stafford who completed 20 out of 25 passes for 208 yds

Great game - couple of unlucky interceptions for Lions and some hard-nose defense keeping Hawks in the hunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If the Packers win out they will now sneak the division :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Beat the browns 42-0 so the league can be advanced. A raiders game and the 2 CPU's so hopefully I'll still manage to grab a playoff spot.

Advertisement