Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teriyaki Sauce

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, for the past while my mum has been trying to find a Teriyaki sauce to use for dinner dishes however, we have failed to find any! The closest thing she could find was a marinade in Tesco, I later then tried the asian market to find 'the real thing' but was disappointed to only find the same marinade!

Does anybody know where we could find a nice teriyaki sauce around the Dublin area? Or does anybody have a nice recipe to make our own?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search?keywords=%22teriyaki+sauce%22&x=19&y=17

Its a fairly easy sauce to throw together from basic ingredients. It's basically, soy, acid and a sugar of some kind. Use any of these recipes but you can sub in brown sugar for maple syrup or sherry vinegar for rice wine vinegar and you'll still get a nice intense glaze.

http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/teriyaki-sauce-55859?mode=metric&scaleto=2.0&st=null

This is a thickened version. Personally I'd prefer the lighter versions you'll find on the bbc site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I saw some on sale in TK Maxx in the Stephens Green centre the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I saw some on sale in TK Maxx in the Stephens Green centre the other day.

That is a very random place to find it but thanks, I'll go it and look!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 teflonchest

I have been listening about Teriyaki sauce for a while now. Can anyone post the exact recipe how to make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

you can get wagamama brand teryaki sauce in tesco, highl recommended!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I like to make my teriyake sauce with about a teaspoon of finely diced garlic, 1-2 table spoons of diced onions, 1 tble spoon sesame seeds, 1/3 cup of malted/brewed soy sauce, 1/3 cup water.(portions vary depending on how strong the soy sauce is etc.) Roast the garlic, onions, and sesame seeds quickly in a splash of sesame oil on the burner(I usually add the seeds well after the garlic and onion are on their way to browning), add soy sauce and water, and then add a SHIZMALOAD of sugar and reduce to taste. Golden syrup works if ya like that(crap). When it is done, remove it from heat immediately, or it will keep reducing further before you are ready to use it.

I forgot to add the ginger. Some folks think its a requirement. I rarely use it because I rarely have it on hand. But if ya like, you can add it to the roasting part of the recipe. I would use it sparingly, though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Have you tried Kikkoman Teriyake, I think it's 200ish mls? Tesco have it, I bought it there recently.

Advertisement