Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicki Minaj - The O2 Dublin - 5 November

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

532444_10150997873249548_1824529932_n.jpg

No ticket prices released yet! Probably will sell out instantly with all the demand for the Olympia though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Pre sale tickets went on sale this morning!! Anyone going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I got tickets, can't wait :)

Wahoo! I wonder if the pre sale ones are gone already!

Nope there's still some left!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Anyone else think since she rescheduled the first concert until August 22, and David Guetta is playing August 24, it might be more than a coincidence?

They've collaborated on a lot of songs and since it's Guetta's first major concert in Ireland, he would want a special guest. There wasn't any genuine reason for the Irish cancellation so I'm hoping it might be possible!

• Advertisement

Tyga is supporting in the o2

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Are tickets all sold out I wanted two and it says no exact matchs were found. Wanted them for present!

scoopmine wrote: »
    Are tickets all sold out I wanted two and it says no exact matchs were found. Wanted them for present!

Yeah it's sold out you'll probably get some on done deal

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Got two on done deal 150 quid! Ah i suppose shes worth it...!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wouldn't expect her to be on time for this, if her performance last weekend at T in The Park is anything to go by. Looks like the crew backstage will be in for a hard night too:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/74388/t-in-the-park-bands-slam-nicki-minaj-for-s***head-behaviour
    British artists Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls have revealed their disgust at Nicki Minaj's behaviour behind the scenes at T In The Park, taking to Twitter to speak of rudeness and aggressive security staff.

The artists, also performing at the Scottish festival this weekend, expressed their outrage at the antics of both the rapper and her crew at the Kinross event.

"You can (I suppose) be a dick to your own crew, you're paying them. But everyone else? Not to mention the people out front. Ugh." Tweeted Frank Turner - referencing the fact Minaj was nearly an hour late taking to the stage, giving fans at the event no explanation for her delay.

"To clarify: Nicki Minaj has been being a total selfish ****head to all the hardworking crew backstage at T. Pathetic. F*** off," added Turner.

The Sleeping Souls also revealed their experience of Minaj, revealing her staff treated backstage crew with a lack of respect.

"You know what? Nicki Minaj can just f*** right off," the band Tweeted. "I know nothing about her music but backstage her security guy just pushed a crew person off the path into the mud so she could walk past."

Nicki Minaj was 55 minutes late to perform on the NME stage at T In The Park this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Paully D wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect her to be on time for this, if her performance last weekend at T in The Park is anything to go by. Looks like the crew backstage will be in for a hard night too:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/74388/t-in-the-park-bands-slam-nicki-minaj-for-s***head-behaviour

She got booed out of it after every song too and loads left. Good enough for her, disgraceful behaviour

Def don't condone that behaviour at all! But, seeing as none of us were there we don't know her side of it. Maybe she didn't see her security do that or something. Two sides to every story and all of that

scdublin wrote: »
    Def don't condone that behaviour at all! But, seeing as none of us were there we don't know her side of it. Maybe she didn't see her security do that or something. Two sides to every story and all of that

C'mon she gave out about the length of grass outside her dressing room and insisted it was cut there and then. Despicable. Then showed up almost a bloody HOUR late (not 15/20 mins) and performed for just a half hour. No wonder they were raging. Anyway they made their point and fair play to them. Maybe she'll learn to grow up in future and count her blessings she's invited to play in such events at all

Where are you getting the information that she demanded the grass to be cut down then and there? I'm just of the opinion that everything in the media gets completely exaggerated and I won't believe anything until it's either confirmed by reliable sources or until at least both sides of the story have been told.

Edit: not saying that the groups who said this about Nicki aren't reliable, I'm referring to the grass cutting thing as they didn't mention that, they just said that her security moved people aside

scdublin wrote: »
    Where are you getting the information that she demanded the grass to be cut down then and there? I'm just of the opinion that everything in the media gets completely exaggerated and I won't believe anything until it's either confirmed by reliable sources or until at least both sides of the story have been told.

Edit: not saying that the groups who said this about Nicki aren't reliable, I'm referring to the grass cutting thing as they didn't mention that, they just said that her security moved people aside

A quick google will direct you to a lot of links and direct quotes from crew members involved. She also made no effort to deny anything on her twitter anyways. I do agree things are exaggerated in the media but regardless do you really think it is acceptable to show up almost an hour late and then just perform 5 songs? The highlights on BBC was awful, rarely seen a crowd as flat watching a big act. Was funny hearing almost a mute after every song when they tried to edit out the boos!

Yeah, I'm surprised she didn't say something on twitter. I think she was delayed because of a flight, so that's why she was an hour late....definitely annoying for people there waiting though.
    I googled about the grass thing btw and can only find newspapers saying "a source has said Nicki demanded the grass be cut" so I'm still not 100% convinced on that one lol.

Advertisement