Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

People the world see as good looking/attractive but you don't see it

14567810»

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Matthew McConaughey....absolute minger!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Uma Thurman

Is she a great, big fat person? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Angelina Jolie or Julia Roberts

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

What about Daithi o shea??

Irelands "sexiest" man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Kate Moss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

On Christina Hendricks, I think she is very pretty and dresses well for her shape, but I can't understand why people say her figure is so hot when women of the same size are called fat- I've seen a few threads/post on boards where smaller women have been called fat. Her figure looks lovely in her dresses, but I saw a picture of her in a swimsuit and I wouldn't aspire to a figure like hers.

Agree that Tom Cruise belong on the list, I don't get it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

sarahbro wrote: »
    Brad Pitt

Ah come on now, im no shirt lifter but even i know Brad's a ride and a half. The amount of moist underwear from watching Fight Club was unreal, and thats just from the lads :)

Jodie Marsh is just mank, she looks like she could pull out a fine size lad from her panties http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Jodie_Marsh.jpg/220px-Jodie_Marsh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Myself. Women and men alike bum rush me in the street, slinging their clothes at me...

...Personally I just don't see it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Sala wrote: »
    On Christina Hendricks, I think she is very pretty and dresses well for her shape, but I can't understand why people say her figure is so hot when women of the same size are called fat- I've seen a few threads/post on boards where smaller women have been called fat. Her figure looks lovely in her dresses, but I saw a picture of her in a swimsuit and I wouldn't aspire to a figure like hers.

Agree that Tom Cruise belong on the list, I don't get it at all.

Mods;; how could you speak such heresy.

Its actually about proportions and hers are perfect. Marilyn was another well proportioned woman.

Cecelia Ahern I think she is talented and very beautiful, but she suffers guff because of the sins of her father.

Colmustard wrote: »
    Mods;; how could you speak such heresy.

Its actually about proportions and hers are perfect. Marilyn was another well proportioned woman.

I suppose I didn't explain it clear enough, I think she is pretty and it's great to have women who are all shapes and sizes on TV but I don't get why some men think she's really sexy but at the same call non-celebrity same sized women are fat. A lot of it is good dressing though

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/21/article-0-0D119A6E00000578-469_468x713.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Julia Roberts and her successor Anne Hathaway, darlings of the female media. Never met a guy yet who thought they were hot.

As for the movie Pretty women it never made since to me how a $10 hooker like Roberts was doing the rich part of L.A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

As for the movie Pretty women it never made since to me how a $10 hooker like Roberts was doing the rich part of L.A.

Jaysus you really read into that movie didn't you.

I suppose I didn't explain it clear enough, I think she is pretty and it's great to have women who are all shapes and sizes on TV but I don't get why some men think she's really sexy but at the same call non-celebrity same sized women are fat. A lot of it is good dressing though

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/21/article-0-0D119A6E00000578-469_468x713.jpg

Perhaps its a matter of taste, I think she is beautiful even in that picture, Sofia Dahl is another example of a full bodied proportionate woman.

http://www.google.ie/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1378&bih=794&tbm=isch&tbnid=CHfrF9fZGKgtEM:&imgrefurl=http://www.judgmentofparis.com/Sophie.htm&docid=gsMRmQ8t7bpwzM&imgurl=http://www.judgmentofparis.com/images/SD02.jpg&w=346&h=723&ei=v38eUOHzHYyzhAftn4GIDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=175&vpy=121&dur=1207&hovh=325&hovw=154&tx=94&ty=140&sig=115599313263742257126&page=1&tbnh=136&tbnw=69&start=0&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:136

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie immediately spring to mind.

Rupert Grimes from Harry Potter seems to have grown up into to been a very handsome lad.

Who would have predicted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 raftni

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Was thinking about this tonight after watching a documentary from the BBC about beauty and they brought up the Nixon/Kennedy presidential campaign, and how JFK won because of his looks. I'm there thinking that man is not a good looking dude, no matter what era, but yet in documentaries we hear of his 'movie star good looks' In the youtube comments section you'll see people who share a similar view as myself.

Another one is the Beatles, how the hell were they teenage hearthrobs? They were all ugly with good hair.

Girl wise, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Charlotte from Geordie Shore I just don't get their appeal.

A large portion of your posts and threads on boards are related to your appearance/other people's appearance/your love life/other people's sad behaviour on boards and in real life, amongst a plethora of other things.

I think you should seek psychiatric help.

You have got some psychological issues regarding your physical appearance and your love life and I would suggest you get this sorted, for your own sake as much as for those around you.

raftni wrote: »
    A large portion of your posts and threads on boards are related to your appearance/other people's appearance/your love life/other people's sad behaviour on boards and in real life, amongst a plethora of other things.

I think you should seek psychiatric help.

You have got some psychological issues regarding your physical appearance and your love life and I would suggest you get this sorted, for your own sake as much as for those around you.

Nah probably a teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Ryan gosling and Ryan Reynolds I don't get what the fuss is with the ladies over them.

Sappa wrote: »
    Ryan gosling and Ryan Reynolds I don't get what the fuss is with the ladies over them.

I'm a guy and I seen Drive last week and I can defo see the Ryan Gosling thing, he reminds of Steve McQueen he just oozes cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I was a big E.R. fan in the 90s and I just don't understand the George Clooney thing. I can't even see what makes him conventionally attractive. He reminds me of when you're a teenager and your friends dad keeps making pervy remarks your way and you have to just make a joke out of it and try and try to change the subject.

On the subject of unconventionally attractive women, Christina Hendricks from Mad Men makes me want to have a sex change. She just seems like a legend.

I think the impression a person makes on you is at least 75% of their attractiveness value. Megan Fox and Natalie Portman are smokin' hot but it wouldn't matter at all if they had the personality of the characters in Jersey Shore. It's because they're so cool that they're so desirable. Imagine spending your life with a woman whose body was pristine because they were shallow, boring people who don't see the value of being able to have a laugh. That's what I don't understand when there's a boyfriend and girlfriend and all she's interested in is straightening her hair and doing her nails and going to a club so she can dance to music she doesn't even feel anything for besides the fact that it has a beat you can shake your hips to. It's the same way with men, if all they want is to look amazing so they spend half their lives worrying what people think about them.

Self-improvement is masturbation. Self-destruction is the answer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Chloris wrote: »

Self-improvement is masturbation. Self-destruction is the answer. :)

I am stealing this and will claim it as my own

Will be my new sig :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Rhianna, i think she's an awful yoke

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep, I've noticed that. She seems to have some weird reality distortion field around her on that score.
    I don't find either of them attractive at all TBH. I find Hendricks who is very much the babe de jour among some pretty plain, near boring facially and Dahl does nada for me, indeed find her gawky looking. That's facially. Figure wise eh no... Dahl looked far better for my taste when she lost the weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I am stealing this and will claim it as my own

Will be my new sig :cool:
    Fight Club, baby.
    It's not about her figure being great, it's about her being sexy and confident and able to pull it off because she's so pretty anyway. I think it's also because she's so laid back about her appearance. She'll doll herself up for the cameras but she's not making any claims to being the best looking woman in the world. She's just beautiful unto herself; it's not some sort of competition between various different women to see who is the best.

Totally get what you're saying about Tom Cruise. Wtf. He's like some sort of psychopath door-to-door salesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling. Rank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Chloris wrote: »
    It's not about her figure being great, it's about her being sexy and confident and able to pull it off because she's so pretty anyway. I think it's also because she's so laid back about her appearance. She'll doll herself up for the cameras but she's not making any claims to being the best looking woman in the world. She's just beautiful unto herself; it's not some sort of competition between various different women to see who is the best.

Nah, it's about her having gigantic breasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Seriously man, she would not be out of place walking out of Coppers on the night of an All Ireland Hurling Final, shouting cmon we're goin' for chips. Few too many Beamishes on her, I would suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

A
    Julia Roberts and her successor Anne Hathaway, darlings of the female media. Never met a guy yet who thought they were hot.

Anne Hathaway is smoking hot. For the record.
    Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling, were I a woman, I certainly would. Russel Brand, I do not understand, he seems to offer nothing, least of all in the looks department even if his attire lets him down badly in this regard. Julia Roberts and Reese Witherspoon are a little unusual but still have no place in this thread imo. Katy Perrys let-downs may include make-up and her overall personality but sweet mother of J... I do think Kirstin Dunst is maybe overrated looks-wise but hers is still a face that many more than a mother could love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Tom Daley.
    Yeah he's a good looking guy with a great body but I'm not getting why everyone is getting so obsessed about him. I've heard him speak and he sounds more like a kid than a man. Stupid considering we're the same age but I'm just not sold.

british-diver-tom-daley-misses-out-on-olympic-medal.jpg

Although I won't deny he's attractive and has a better body than me (I'm getting there though!) I don't get the fascination when there are bigger and better athletes all around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Julia Stiles LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS DOWNS SYNDROME
    Julia Roberts MUNTER
    Tulisa JUST WTF
    Sarah Jessica Parker HORSE WITH A SLAPPED ARSE
    Uma Thurman LESS LOOKS THAN TALENT AND THATS SAYING A LOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

1ZRed wrote: »
    Tom Daley.
    Yeah he's a good looking guy with a great body but I'm not getting why everyone is getting so obsessed about him. I've heard him speak and he sounds more like a kid than a man. Stupid considering we're the same age but I'm just not sold.

british-diver-tom-daley-misses-out-on-olympic-medal.jpg

Although I won't deny he's attractive and has a better body than me (I'm getting there though!) I don't get the fascination when there are bigger and better athletes all around him.
    But he's about as good looking as a guy can be.
    no homo/
    People like him remind me just how damn ugly I really am.
    A shotgun to the face would be an improvement for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Jaysus you really read into that movie didn't you.

Sure did! If I was a millionaire and getting a brass I'd want better than ugly dog Julia roberts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Orlando Bloom - YUCK!

Cheryl Cole - Overrated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Georgia Salpa. Her face is weird and she looks like she could do with eating a few fish suppers.