Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People the world see as good looking/attractive but you don't see it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

weemcd wrote: »
    Probably already mentioned but for a supposed model Lily Cole has one dog head on her

Lily Cole is beautiful, in an utterly weird way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

JPA wrote: »
    Kim Kardashian-She is of Armenian descent, so kinda asian.

Armenia is middle eastern so not at all asian!

tumblr_m67filUCAe1qkj6b4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lucy pinder. she sounds like a 100+ a day smoker and has a face like a bulldog chasing a parked car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Cheryl Cole.

Seriously - Shes obv not as 'naturally good looking' as she'd have you believe.

I dont get it at all - Shes a chav who came into money.

CherylNatural.jpg

tumblr_m47ap9K48X1qd6c9lo1_400.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

she is kinda good looking i would say she looks like that guy joe mcelderry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEca0ZnzOKw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

The Chris O'Dowd answers are a bit odd. Until Bridesmaid, which was an unexpected hit, O'Dowd was not considered good looking. He is not bad looking, but in the IT crowd he played a dork, with no ability with women. In one episode he played a "bad boy" to attract them but that didn't work either. You wouldn't get a young George Clooney to play that part.

In fact he was mentioned in a thread which was the opposite of this - guys who weren't conventionally good looking but still mysteriously attractive. Therefore, people who like him don't really see him as conventionally good looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Ronaldo - I seriously do not know what women see in him.:mad:
    If you want to see a hot footballer look no further than the Spanish captain & goalkeeper Iker Casillas. Hot.:)

Brad Pitt -again do not see the appeal.

Any of the Twilight guys.

I have never seen anybody say that Ronaldo is attractive. Never ever. Everybody poo poos the idea.

The Chris O'Dowd answers are a bit odd. Until Bridesmaid, which was an unexpected hit, O'Dowd was not considered good looking. He is not bad looking, but in the IT crowd he played a dork, with no ability with women. In one episode he played a "bad boy" to attract them but that didn't work either.

Tv =/= how they are in real life.

Barney the massive player/womaniser from how I met your mother is gay! Everyone is surprised by that.

But yeah he's nothing special. He'll have his few months in the lime light and he will fall off the radar completely after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

I have never seen anybody say that Ronaldo is attractive. Never ever. Everybody poo poos the idea.

I would have said the same a couple of years ago but all the time now I hear women say he is "beautiful" etc. The are willing to overlook and forgive his narcisstic personality. Even a few friends of mine love him -to which I love winding them up by disagreeing strongly. :D

• Advertisement

I think Ronaldo looks like a prick, but a good looking prick. I cant really explain why he looks like a prick.

Which contrasts with Xabi Alonso. Looks like a good looking decent sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I think Ronaldo looks like a prick, but a good looking prick. I cant really explain why he looks like a prick.

He acts like a prick too though.

smash wrote: »
    He acts like a prick too though.

No, I think people over-estimate that. If he is unhappy to get a bad ball he is petulant, others are enthusiastic. If he fails a penalty he bottles it, others are unlucky. cf Eamo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Jessica Biel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

Michael Fassbender -

Georgia May Jagger -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Cheryl Cole/Tweedy.

Desperately plain with a desperately dull personality. (and the past conviction for a racist beatdown in a jacks don't help much either)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Cheryl Cole.

Seriously - Shes obv not as 'naturally good looking' as she'd have you believe.

I dont get it at all - Shes a chav who came into money.

CherylNatural.jpg

tumblr_m47ap9K48X1qd6c9lo1_400.jpg

Fairytalegirl, you're living in your own little fairy tale world. If that's your example of cheryl on a bad day - then her bad day is far better than most womens best day. I'll grant you she aint the best singer in the world, but she's drop dead gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Fairytalegirl, you're living in your own little fairy tale world. If that's your example of cheryl on a bad day - then her bad day is far better than most womens best day. I'll grant you she aint the best singer in the world, but she's drop dead gorgeous!

To each their own, but I STRONGLY disagree.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cheryl Cole.

Right, I can see that she's pretty. Aesthetically she looks good, I don't doubt that. But there's no sex appeal there at all. I find it really odd because I can look at her and recognise, "OK, she's beautiful", but there is zero physical attraction there. She must have some kind of negative sexiness or something which completely negates her beauty and makes her about as appealling as wet bread.

Also Anne Doyle and Miriam O'Callaghan. They're old, past it. No, they're not great looking. Maybe they were when you were a teenager, but when I was a teenager, they were still old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Colin Farrell... I just don't get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I like his football skills?.....obviously I like his music. He isn't really a runt, I don't know what word I could use here to describe him, but ''gay'' would prob be the easiest to use(no offence but just his mannerisms and stuff) Amount of nonsense he talks, especially when he's on that clown Ellen's show is ridiculous.

How old are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

Myself :p

Nah in all seriousness Nicki Minaj, even though it's probably been said umpteen times, is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Enda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Sarah Jessica Parker.

Bandy legs, big nose, perpetual moaner, looks like a horse........

R019912 wrote: »
    Myself :p

Nah in all seriousness Nicki Minaj, even though it's probably been said umpteen times, is horrendous.

I know what you mean and here's proof
    search%3Fq%3Dnicki%2Bminaj%2Bstarships%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DX%26nota%3D1%26biw%3D981%26bih%3D645%26noj%3D1%26site%3Dwebhp%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Dimvnso&itbs=1

search%3Fq%3Dnicki%2Bminaj%2Bstupid%2Bhoe%26start%3D40%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26nota%3D1%26biw%3D981%26bih%3D645%26noj%3D1%26site%3Dwebhp%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1

That nose is just... I don't get it though. She actually used to be much bettter looking when she first became big here over a year ago which confuses me.

She looks quite hot in superbass but now she has a really bad nose and is looking terrible in comparison to how she was. I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Amanda Brunker, yeah she has a big rack but I wouldn't think she is really good looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I think rihanna has interesting features ,but ya i would say amanda brunker yeauch ,its just a rack,but enda?whys he in there what media source voted him as attractive..?or gave him such status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

1ZRed wrote: »
    Harry styles from one direction. I'd love to shave his head and see what the flock of 14 year olds think of him then.

+1

It's not just 14 years old girls harping on about him though. Every women's magazine is going on about him. beaut.ie even have a post today about how its okay for older women to like Harry Styles. I really don't just get it.

I also never found Justin Timberlake attractive in any way whatsoever.

I get told that I look like Cameron Diaz a lot, so really not liking this thread at the moment :p

This thread reminds me of this 'study' done on okcupid: http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-mathematics-of-beauty/

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    Enda

Edna is famous for being Taoiseach not for being good looking. A Taoiseach is like a prime minister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

panda100 wrote: »
    I get told that I look like Cameron Diaz a lot, so really not liking this thread at the moment :p

Cameron Diaz is stunning! Don't mind the crazies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Megan Fox.

Thought this the instant I looked at the thread. As overrated as they come!

panda100 wrote: »

Cameron Diaz is stunning! Don't mind the crazies!

She hasn't aged well for sure but is still an 8. If you look like the young Cameron you are a 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

py2006 wrote: »

I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

py2006 wrote: »

ah she's lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

BUBLE... I would punch that fat b@stard until I couldn't lift my arm any more, head like a sack of potatoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

marcsignal wrote: »
    Sarah Jessica Parker.

Does anyone think she's good-looking though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Lost all interest in Myleene Klass when I found out she believed completely in psychic powers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The Kardashians and Paris fecking Hilton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Naomi Campbell
    Kathryn Thomas
    Halle Berry
    Megan Fox
    Glenda Gilson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Jennifer Aniston. Not saying she's ugly by any stretch, she's nice looking, but I just think she's plain. Really plain.

Glenda Gilson. She's grand like, but she's hardly a model. She looks like every other D4 head dolled up.

Jordan, Kerry Katona and Jodie Marsh. Repulsive trash.

Rosie Webster from Coronation Street. Very average.

Lady Gaga. Transvestite.

token101 wrote: »
    Jennifer Aniston. Not saying she's ugly by any stretch, she's nice looking, but I just think she's plain. Really plain.

Glenda Gilson. She's grand like, but she's hardly a model. She looks like every other D4 head dolled up.

Jordan, Kerry Katona and Jodie Marsh. Repulsive trash.

Rosie Webster from Coronation Street. Very average.

Lady Gaga. Transvestite.

well thats a summary of the thread, may as well put it to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper do nothing for me.
    Sarah Jessica Parker is not good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Lisac220

Sarah Jessica Parker and Johnny Depp :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't count!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

marcsignal wrote: »
    Sarah Jessica Parker.

That's an insult

To horses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

George Clooney. Don't get the appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

cian68 wrote: »
    in a business where looks are pretty vital drew barrymore is far too successful. Any film with her as a love interest is too far fetched.

What are you on about? She is the cutest thing ever. I would give her one for sure.

Advertisement