Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People the world see as good looking/attractive but you don't see it

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Michael Fassbender. Looks like an average looking bloke to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Angelina Jolie
    Rihanna
    Su Pollard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Jaysus! Ye folks are fairly fussy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

I think I have to see Channing Tatum's new film purely for research purposes of this thread, will report back ;-)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

As a male I would say

Pamela Anderson (can't stand that look), Rachel from Friends (I remember EVERY guy was harping on about her), Drew Barrymore, Courtney Cox, Angelina Jolie (post-Hackers), loads more really, my minds a blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Rheese Witherspoon, although I'm not sure she's generally thought to be amazing.

Best description I ever heard of her during a movie review on Phantom was "a woman consisting mostly of chin"; summed up my opinion of her perfectly.

Is Channning Tatum her long-lost brother? Between them they have enough chin for a large family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

jayteecork wrote: »
    Angelina Jolie (post-Hackers), loads more really, my minds a blank.

I always find more women seem to want to look like her than men actually seriously fancy her. She is definitely a womans idea of beauty more than most men.

I dont find Christina Hendricks even mildly attractive. Kylie Minogue neither, something about her that makes her look like a mannequin.

Megan Fox seems to look faker every day. She had some seriously protruded eyelids in one photo I saw. Her husband has a face like a brick wall and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Some langer on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Some langer on him.

How do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Some langer on him.

Maybe it's Tommy Lee you are thinking of.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

most celebs if saw in real light and not the flash and photo doctored image or edited to look better on tv would look just as normal as you or i

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Come on now OP, George Harrison was a good looking man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Penguin24

I cannot understand the hype surrounding...

1) Myleene Klass (I mean, seriously, the woman is not attractive)
    2) Emma Watson (Cute as a kid but a plain jane now)
    3) Heather Graham (Plain)
    4) Rihanna
    5) Keira Knightley
    6) Charlotte from Geordie Shore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

I always thought Jennifer Aniston looked like Brad Pitt in drag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

ascanbe wrote: »
    Regardless of anyone's opinion on Usher's looks, surely it's possible for a Somali Pirate to be good looking/attractive.
    Mainly i responded to this, though, 'cause mention of Usher reminded me of this:

Play these two videos in synch:

:pac::pac: This just made my day!! I laughed so hard I nearly soiled myself. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Sarah Jessica Parker.

(face like a foot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

417 posts, and a sh1t load of jealousy & specsaver candidates.

Cheryl cole, Megan fox, Keira knightley, Jen Anniston etc ..... All thumbs down :eek: I'll gladly take one for the team.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ruthloss wrote: »
    Sarah Jessica Parker.

(face like a foot)

The world uses that stupid cliché and well you know it. What is it even supposed to mean anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Most female models these days look emaciated and/or slightly alien-looking.
    Oh for the curvier 1940's type pin up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

pippa o'connor's brian ormond - he looks like a skanger, i think he got the teeth fixed after that 'you're a star' i'm sure they were crooked back then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds.
    They're meant to be pretty boys and they aint very pretty.... :confused:

I don't understand the fascination with Mila Kunis either. I'm not saying she's unattractive but I just wouldn't look twice if she passed me on the street! When I saw Black Swan, I didn't notice her. I think Natalie Portman is stunning though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

Penguin24 wrote: »
    I don't understand the fascination with Mila Kunis either. I'm not saying she's unattractive but I just wouldn't look twice if she passed me on the street! When I saw Black Swan, I didn't notice her. I think Natalie Portman is stunning though

But she's so pretty! I'm a woman and this is the first time I saw her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5C63blrMg

I remember thinking she was the most beautiful thing I ever did see.

Ms.M wrote: »
    But she's so pretty! I'm a woman and this is the first time I saw her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw5C63blrMg

I still don't see it!! She is pretty but I personally wouldn't have thought she was anything special! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

The world uses that stupid cliché and well you know it. What is it even supposed to mean anyway?

Terribly sorry, I did'nt realize it was copyrighted.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Kate Middleton!

She looks so old for her age. Very ordinary at the least.

And Pippa Middleton. I get the ass and it was great on the day but I don't think she's hot. Not one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Julia Roberts - - - - - MINGER!!!!

I wouldn't say she's a minger but she's extremely plain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

yer man from the UPC advert or sharon ni bheolain or the grainne seoige sisters ,there ordinary looking , just imagine if they didnt have glam tv jobs theyd just be well ordinary..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

posh bleedin spice...nuff said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Suzie4 wrote: »
    posh bleedin spice...nuff said

She's not bad looking I just wish she'd take that ridiculous puss off her and smile for a change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    She's not bad looking I just wish she'd take that ridiculous puss off her and smile for a change
    And she'd want to eata sandwich too

probably still lamp her out of it tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Think some of the lads responding here with "You lot need glasses!"-type comments are kinda missing the point. It's not that some of these people aren't good-looking, just seriously overrated. Megan Fox a great example: she's not jaw-droppingly spectacular; she's just held up as being jaw-droppingly spectacular and then loads of guys go with it. Honestly, is this face that special...like, one of the most gorgeous women in the world special? Everyone said this about Britney Spears, and who holds to that anymore?

Pippa Middleton is laughably overrated - hyped by media because of who her sister is (Kate is better looking.)

A lot of this stuff is driven by people being told who they should think is gorgeous, then convincing themselves they do. For example, loads of people saw Ghost World, which starred Scarlett Johansson in a supporting role. Nobody made a fuss about her then, but Lost in Translation comes along and suddenly she's unreal. Why did so many guys see her, not really give any thought to her, then a couple of years down the line when she's hyped-up, they think she's the most attractive film star ever?

But guy saying Mila Kunis...you do need glasses. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

yer man from the UPC advert or sharon ni bheolain or the grainne seoige sisters ,there ordinary looking , just imagine if they didnt have glam tv jobs theyd just be well ordinary..

Craig Doyle is good looking according to who? He's awful.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The Mass Media ; Films Television Advertising uses acceptably 'Beautiful' people
    But they are not great beauties because popular taste is never very good .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

OP, I've noticed over time that quite a lot of your posts are about looks, and/or Justin Bieber, and quite a lot have been you posting pictures of yourself. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and pretty much diagnose you with body image issues. Have that one for free.

I won't be answering the question though because I'm not into labelling people ugly, as you have done. But congratulations. Well done for that. Your parents must be so proud.

See a counsellor.
    Seriously.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

How do you know?

Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

I don't get this. You say all these people are awful looking and unattractive; some I agree with though. If I saw these people on the street and they weren't famous I would take a second look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

croker1 wrote: »
    Come on, who would not care to drive it into her?

That is an entirely different question. There's a bit of a gap between who you think is hot and who you'd turn down. On second thoughts it's more like a chasm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Kinski wrote: »
    For example, loads of people saw Ghost World, which starred Scarlett Johansson in a supporting role.

No they didn't. It made 8 million worldwide. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

No they didn't. It made 8 million worldwide. :P

Ok, not in the cinema, but was kinda a cult success on DVD with people my age; loads of people I know have seen it anyhow, and didn't remember Scarlett from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Biggins wrote: »
    Jordan
    The Kardashians
    Linsey Lohan
    Naomi Campbell
    Halle Berry
    Megan Fox
    Paris Hilton
    Jodie Marsh
    Sarah Jessica Parker
    Kerry Katona
    Uma Thurman
    Rihanna
    Beyonce
    Jennifer Lopez
    Sharon Stone
    Kate Moss
    Jennifer Lawrence

Just to begin with.
    agreed with you.....until you said jennifer lawrence,seriously?look at the pic on her wikipedia page mate.and uma thurman used to be hot:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Ms.M wrote: »

I just watched that and thought she looked awful young in it so had a Google. Video was released in December 2000 so was probably filmed a few months before meaning she was 15 or 16 at the time. Robbing the cradle there Ms. M??

I think Angelina Jolie is overhyped. For Men I suppose One Direction guys, they are awful young looking and women of all ages seem to coo over them which is a bit creepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Johnny Depp? I can't see it, at all... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I do not get the appeal of the Brad Pitts/George Clooneys/Leonardo Di Caprios of the world.

Ryan Reynolds is not attractive in any way to me.

Robert Pattinson - to be honest, I've never met anyone over the age of 15 who thinks he's attractive.

I've heard a lot of people talking about those Hemsworth lads. They're not my cup of tea, to be honest. I thought they were the same person until not too long ago.

On the subject of the Beatles, George Harrison was a good-looking guy. The rest of 'em - meh.

Agreed on JFK's looks, but his success with the ladies probably had something to do with his personality - he was a leader and powerful man. I know plenty of women who dig that.

Dunno if I can pass much comment on the looks of women, but as far as I can see Angelina Jolie ain't what she used to be. Skin and bones, she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

whirlpool wrote: »
    OP, I've noticed over time that quite a lot of your posts are about looks, and/or Justin Bieber, and quite a lot have been you posting pictures of yourself. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and pretty much diagnose you with body image issues. Have that one for free.

I won't be answering the question though because I'm not into labelling people ugly, as you have done. But congratulations. Well done for that. Your parents must be so proud.

See a counsellor.
    Seriously.

:rolleyes:
    Oh wow, I'm sure the Beatles would be so upset that some kid on boards doesn't get why girls everywhere would've done anything to be with them.
    I do have body image issues definitely, as I get more compliments each day they lessen, but damn if I can have body image issues, I feel so bad for people who don't have the chance to get the reassurances I've been fortunate to get. I'm lucky. Seriously, few people have said I look ugly on here, my old self that would've killed me, but nowadays I can wipe it off and rubbish it(I'll have to assume based on what I hear that I'm not) but no matter who you are, looks ain't universal, obviously some are more than others but you can't fret about something you can't change, in the end it doesn't matter that much.

Also something that u guys might have missed. I'm a real vain person but only about myself, to others I don't give a crap about looks. I'm the type of person who will always give compliments and assure others because I know what its like to feel down about your self image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Oh wow, I'm sure the Beatles would be so upset that some kid on boards doesn't get why girls everywhere would've done anything to be with them.
    I do have body image issues definitely, as I get more compliments each day they lessen, but damn if I can have body image issues, I feel so bad for people who don't have the chance to get the reassurances I've been fortunate to get. I'm lucky. Seriously, few people have said I look ugly on here, my old self that would've killed me, but nowadays I can wipe it off and rubbish it(I'll have to assume based on what I hear that I'm not) but no matter who you are, looks ain't universal, obviously some are more than others but you can't fret about something you can't change, in the end it doesn't matter that much.

Also something that u guys might have missed. I'm a real vain person but only about myself, to others I don't give a crap about looks. I'm the type of person who will always give compliments and assure others because I know what its like to feel down about your self image.

I have to say, fair play to you EdenHazard for constantly taking a beating on boards (even though I think you're a sucker for punishment :)) and never giving an inch. If it is what it seems, then you have definitely developed a thick skin. Kudos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I was looking at the film drive and I can see the hoopla about Ryan Gosling, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0331516/ and the co star another up and coming Brit actress Carey Mulligan http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1659547/, a good film if anyone is interested.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Media women are acceptably good looking but that is about it .Real Beauty frightens men and threatens women so in entertainment they are generally a very common lot on the premise that " you can't sell excellence to the masses" everything has to be downgraded .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I don't know what the whole world think of her looks-wise, but I used ta have a thing for Jessie J.

That's until the Olympic boxing coverage on RTE started, during which I realised she looks eerily similar to former Irish boxer, and current pundit, Bernard Dunne. Jaysus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I have heard people on television gush over Tom Cruise and how good looking he is, but personally I have always thought he looked a bit rodenty. Just my take never could figure out why anyone wanted to marry him.

Advertisement