Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Flooding in Cork

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Just been told parts of Kinsale road,including the magic roundabout are now closed as well.

54kroc wrote: »
    How is it misleading?

you don't think posting the above post in a flooding thread on a night with flooding is misleading, nevermind the fact he/she said
    including the magic roundabout are now closed as well.

implying the entire roundabout was closed when it was in fact open as usual. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭fergisimo

Working in Nosh + Coffee in Carey's Lane. Anyone any idea how that areas doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

hoodwinked wrote: »
    you don't think posting the above post in a flooding thread on a night with flooding is misleading, nevermind the fact he/she said

implying the entire roundabout was closed when it was in fact open as usual. :confused:

Yup..Totally My fault...

I was told that it was closed before I left the house..

Maybe I should have checked it before I posted.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Generally: Floods around this time of year are fairly predictable and once they start to recede can be totally gone in five minutes.

I once sent my editor a picture of a dry School Of Commerce after he had insisted that he had both phone in witnesses AND 96FM's reports of massive flooding.

I said if that's the case I should be standing in five feet of water, I photographed my dry feet and sent it to him ~ don't be smart was his reply and he slammed down the phone.

On many occasions it takes so long to organise the Gardaí and City Council that by the time the Fire service leaves, the flood is going down and the road is often actually closed AFTER the flood.

Yesterday evening the City embarked on a programme of pre-emptive road closures in the face of a Southerly or SE gale warning, moreoeless the eye of the system was rotating over us and we experienced a relatively quiet period at the critical high tide time which facilitated the sudden and rapid flood recession and also limited said floods rise.

Advertisement