Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending Money for 4 weeks in OZ

Options
  • 28-06-2012 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Doing 2 weeks in Thailand (heard its dirt cheap so dont have to worry about money too much)
    But i'm also going to OZ for 4 weeks in December and been told i'll need a good wad of cash.
    Can anyone recommend how much i''ll need???
    i'm travelling all along the east coast and finishing up in Sydney all my travel is paid for and half our accomodation is paid for inclusing sydney which cost us $700 for 3 nights over new years eve. (all the youth hostels were booked out:mad:)

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Answer depends on type of 4 weeks you will be spending....
    Eating out 3 times a day could be close to 50$ minimum unless you choose very carefully. A coffee will be $3-3.50. A beer is anything from 5-12$ a pint at the pub. Will there be a little or a lot of drinking?
    Activities will be around $100-300 depending. Do you want to dive/snorkel trip/sail whitsundays/4WD Fraser island/go to a theme park?
    I would think the bare minimum to be 100$ a day for food and entertainment. Double that if you want to do all the activities enroute.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭granty1892

Thanks for the advice mate.

I suppose it'll be like any other trip i suppose.
    • Activities one day
    • drinking other nights
    • relax another day
    • eating out every night but exactly in top restaurants
    including wages, savings, a few bob put aside my and my partner will have €4,000 each so hopefully we can make that last and it covers accomodation aswell.

My problem is this is our Big holiday so on the flip side i want to enjoy it and not hold back so to speak!!

Advertisement