Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v Italy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

The Rte panel are ridiculously reactive. They just change their analysis to suit whatever happened in the half. I'd love to see a list of all the teams and players that Dunphy has said are not up to it. I'm sure he's written off Pirlo a few times in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Just said on ARD that Klose and Reus are coming on for the second half.

Gomez is very frustrating alright. Seems to contribute nothing at all then can finish from nothing. Odd player.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Great subs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ambid wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. If Balotelli picks up a second yellow I'll have no sympathy for him.
    i would have none either, i dont think its harsh on the player, they are idiots for doing it BUT it still ruins many games when idiots get themselves sent off for a stupid rule.
    it ruins my and manys others enjoyment of games so it should be scraped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    The Rte panel are ridiculously reactive. They just change their analysis to suit whatever happened in the half. I'd love to see a list of all the teams and players that Dunphy has said are not up to it. I'm sure he's written off Pirlo a few times in the past.

Isn't that what every analyst does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Gomez has hardly seen the ball tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

45 minutes late but Reus is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Renn wrote: »
    Funny how nobody is passing to Balzaretti. Wonder if Germany have figured this much out yet?

It's a shame Italy are neglecting that right side, balzaretti is very decent going forward. We've seen relatively little of Marchisio also on that side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Germany have been so complacent especially at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Think that's a bit harsh on Gomez but Klose does link up well and has so much experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

grenache wrote: »
    It's a shame Italy are neglecting that right side, balzaretti is very decent going forward. We've seen relatively little of Marchisio also on that side.

Much of a right boot on him though? Maybe they're doing that to let Chiellini push up a little more into that LWB position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Wish they'd kept Didi Hamman. I liked Irwin from previous tournaments too. The panel definitely needs new blood, a lot of their knowledge seems a bit out-dated now (like their lack of knowledge of tactics, systems, and even of European players).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

That_Guy wrote: »
    Did Brady say they have to get Muller Rice on? :pac:

No. He said Reus and then muller a while later.

G.K. wrote: »
    Isn't that what every analyst does?

No a good team doesnt become a rubbish team in 45 mins and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Ah, I misunderstood your post.

Finish it ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lahm... FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Should be Hitting the target there .

ambid wrote: »
    Wish they'd kept Didi Hamman. I liked Irwin from previous tournaments too. The panel definitely needs new blood, a lot of their knowledge seems a bit out-dated now (like their lack of knowledge of tactics, systems, and even of European players).

I agree hamann said last week there was no chance of Germany winning it as they will bottle it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I wish they said at half time , "We know Balotelli is capable of doing that, but hes still a headbanger" .

Hopefully Italy won't sit on the lead for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If Germany come back which I honestly think they will you can see their quality is FAR superior to the Italians is love to know what dunphy will sau

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Think it's obvious after 7 minutes, that Jogi should have listened to Bild ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Cassano making an absolute show of Hummels tonight, delighted.

If Germany come back which I honestly think they will you can see their quality is FAR superior to the Italians is love to know what dunphy will sau

Or maybe he will turn on Pirlo and say "thats why Milan let him go on a free to Juventus"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Far superior? Doesn't look that way to me.

Ozil is absolute quality.

Scweinsteiger gives some amount of ball away

Fantastic tackle.

If Germany score it will be some last half hour

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »

Far superior? Doesn't look that way to me.
    Bar two HORRIBLE mistakes for 2 goals Germany have been a far superior team all over the pitch don't let 2-0 cloud your judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

He said a few months ago irelands group wasnt too bad as Italy were anchient and relied on past it players like Pirlo whom he had seen play for Milan recently and he was useless.

Dispite the fact we were relying on older players and Pirlo had left Milan for Juventus about 8 months at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

YES! Diamanti is coming on, the Bologna Bomber. Cassano has worked his ass off. Bravo Antonio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

-Ade- wrote: »
    Fantastic tackle.

This is what's great about them, they are not afraid to go in on strikers in the box.

Fair play to the German fans, that's all you can hear

Scweinsteiger gives some amount of ball away
    That I'll admit he's not been two good tonight, ozil, what a brain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bar two HORRIBLE mistakes for 2 goals Germany have been a far superior team all over the pitch don't let 2-0 cloud your judgement.

They certainly have not been far superior. Are they are a better team? I would say yes. But this game has been very much in the balance. Italy were not outplayed in that 1st half by any means. It's an even game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

Just got home there to watch the game, so I have missed the first 60minutes.

So what have I missed?

Are Italy playing good or are Germany just unlucky?

What was Balotelli's goals like?

The west ham reject is on. How it must hurt the English!

That's a bit of an exaggeration tbf

• Advertisement

Pierlo shrugs off ozil like a rag doll

Just got home there to watch the game, so I have missed the first 60minutes.

So what have I missed?

Are Italy playing good or are Germany just unlucky?

You missed balotellis chest. We all got to see it.

Opportunity for Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

What did Diamanti have to rip off his wrist before coming on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Neeson wrote: »
    The west ham reject is on. How it must hurt the English!

I was delighted when he scored the winning penalty after the BBC commentator said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nice save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Balotelli's first was a good header from a perfect cross. Poor defending led to the cross.

Second goal was a long through ball from a German corner. Italy countered, played balotelli in and he absolutely smashed it top corner. Terrific strike. **** defending though as podolski and Lahm tried to play offside and got it all wrong.

Good save that.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fair play to the German fans, that's all you can hear

Why are they chanting "viva Ronaldo" . . Might confuse the RTE panel and they will start blaming Ronnie for Germanys poor display . .

• Advertisement

Doesn't look like Germanys nite.

Advertisement