Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec 63DV Zone1 +2 "open" when trying to set

Options
  • 28-06-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

When Im trying to set alarm "full" when leaving house and have door opened It says contact Zone 1+2 entry , I changed the battery last week and everything seemed to be fine , any help would be great :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With everything closed press clear set full full.
    Post exactly what comes up on the keypad.
    It is probably a faulty sensor or contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Easygoin

Hi and Thanks KoolKid
    When "set ,Full ,Full "the alsrm sets ok.
    if I type "set , full ,full" and open door ,all is ok till delay runs out , then its , same if I have the door open when setting alarm except I dont get a delay to lock up.
    "Contact,Zone 1 entry" flashes ,closley followed by "Zone 2 entry ":mad:.
    (without smiley :))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Is that door the only thing that's open when you're trying to set it? Is there a beam looking at the door too? As far as I can remember, there can't be two exit/entry zones open while the setting alarm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Fred is right. Only one entry exit can be open. Do you have engineer code.
    When you press clear set full full is the system setting instantly. If there is an entry zone open it should show up here.

The other possibility is that you blew the board when changing the battery. That would give false readings on the zones.

• Advertisement

Ive checked ,no other openings .
    I havn't got engineers code , have contacted guy that installed but no go .I didnt have anti-static band on but dont think i blew board , no shorts or anything .Though If Anyone is changing battery , have to be very carefull ,I had to connect battery terminals first , before reconnecting transformer so potential for shortout , I wraped both ends in tape first.
    Is There anyway of clearing code ??
    Did think it was to do with tampering switch since I had to remove cover and board to install battery

Sorry I've a lot going on . Remind me again, if you press clear set ful full what shows up?

When I "set ,full ,ful" ,The alarm sets , problem being Is that if I open door to go out while delay is running ,It gives a positive contact on entry Zone 1 + 2 , or If I have door open while setting it gives no delay , just says "contact ,Entry ,Zone 1 + 2 .. .
    So I can set my alarm but have to stay in house :mad: , weird one ????

And what's zone 2?
    If you open zone 2 only does it show 1 and 2 also?

Sounds like the wiring is crossed in the panel for zone 1 and 2. Check each zone in the panel and make sure the pair for each zone is correctly wired into the appropriate zone.

• Advertisement

Thanks For all reply's BTW but here it in a nutshell .
    When I'm setting alarm it says, Contact Zone 1 Entry ("Front Door") , then Contact Zone 2 Entry ("back Door") , usually have front door open when setting ,as am ready to leave but tried setting alarm with door closed and works 50/50 . What ever fault is seem to be intermittent but has me baffled.:mad:

You have a faulty contact or sensor on zone 2 thats showing as Entry Exit.
    The alarm will not set with 2 entry points open. Thats why it may work with the front door closed.

Thanks very much for your reply's and advise , Ill change the contact ,hope I can get one as Ive just discovered "Antec" has been sold and Alarm discontinued.
    Ah well something else to track down and learn about.
    Thanks again :)

Any contact can be converted to work with Astec. If you have any problems give me a.c. shout and I'll get one sorted for you.

Advertisement