Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuming Eircom Customer - Ripping me off for €110.80

Options
  • 28-06-2012 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi Eircom,

Im so angry right now its unbelievable.

I am in the process of moving to Vodafone since last week.

My Eircom package included free calls to the UK. Since im moving you have decided to charge me for all my calls to the UK and all my local landline for the last month with out informing me.

I estimate you are charging me €89.84 extra for calls and a €20.96 Charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service.

I was informed of neither of these charges what so ever and have nearly collapse when I seen them. A total of €110.80.

The reason Im moving is not my fault but yours. I needed to downgrade becuase money is tighter as I have lost my job and my broadband package which i paid for the last year you guys were telling me I was getting 24mb when I checked I was only receiving 12mb. When I tried to downgrade my speed you guys wanted to take my free UK calls package away and put me on a crap package that limited the amount of minutes a month I used.

I gave eircom every chance to hang onto me as a customer, I spent an hour on the phone with cancellations and in that whole time no one mentioned they were going to charge me a poxy €20.96 for cancelling my package (when my contract had been finished) and going to charge me €89.84 for my UK calls which are normally covered by my package.

I called today and had a pain in the ass trying to understand some indian guy who couldnt speak english who removed to put me to a supervisor or someone that could speak english and spent all his time blaming me and vodafone. I told him vodafone isnt the one trying to charge me €110 for things that are included in my package.

If this isnt resolve I will be taking the matter to comreg and I will make alot of anti eircom noise and I will never ever spend another penny with eircom.

Im soooooo mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

Oh and let me add I have been renting a phone for the last year which hasnt freaking worked at all, it cuts out when someone trys to call me, dies if i put it on loud speak, dies in the middle of conversations. I tried to get it sorted but eircom who was renting the phone to me said called sagem the manufacture, i spent hours on hold with sagem who never did anything only tell me to turn the phone off and on again and it would be fine.....

Sooooooo angry.... bad form eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

abbyw1989 wrote: »
    The reason Im moving is not my fault but yours. I needed to downgrade becuase money is tighter as I have lost my job

So this is Eircoms fault?
    and my broadband package which i paid for the last year you guys were telling me I was getting 24mb when I checked I was only receiving 12mb.

How does the quoted speed for the package affect your ability to pay the bill?

Hi Mrmeindl,
    With my fuming things might not have been explained properly.
    Essentially I am on 24mb UK calls package.

I wanted to downgrade to 8mb UK calls package. But eircom wouldnt let me as there UK package does not exist any more.

The important thing here is I wanted to keep my UK calls package with broadband but only downgrade the speed. Eircom couldnt do this, the best they could offer was a brand new contract with 8mb broadband and a new UK package which didnt include the unlimited calls but instead 150minutes to UK. This is no good to me as we can make upto 6 hours calls to UK in a month.

Eircom had the chance to keep me but couldnt offer unlimited UK landline calls. For this reason I moved to vodafone.

Nick

Also the fact I am paying for 24mb and only receiving 10mb is part of the reason I wanted to downgrade to 8mb, theres about 20 or more euros in the difference every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Careful now lads, I had the same problem , if they put you onto a cheaper package they are signing you up to a new 12 month package. They did it to me and I refused to pay so now they have passed me on to their debt collection agency who are absolutly inept and will wreck your heads.

Not to mention the braodband speed I was paying for was no where near the speed I was getting

They kept telling I would be getting my speed within the next week or so (Months would pass and nothing would change yet they would still charge for the upgrade)
    And I was with them for 10 years

Never ever go with Eircom again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I fail to see how any of this is eircom's fault.
    Maybe I'm missing something. It sounds to me like you didn't give a months notice before you left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

If they are no longer offering the package then I don't see how you could change to it.
    Did you give eircom a months notice or did you just straight out cancel the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

The important thing here is I wanted to keep my UK calls package with broadband but only downgrade the speed.

There's nothing wrong with this, you cant pick and choose elements of different packages when you suddenly don't like a portion of a service provided and decide to jump ship.
    Eircom couldnt do this, the best they could offer was a brand new contract with 8mb broadband and a new UK package which didnt include the unlimited calls but instead 150minutes to UK. This is no good to me as we can make upto 6 hours calls to UK in a month.

Their goal is to make a profit, they have no obligation to continue offering you the same deal for less money.

I dont see how cancelling straight out would cause in excess of €110 in charges on top of my bill and this isnt even my final bill with eircom. However my contract with them expires on the 5th July, I called them on the 21st of June and told them I wouldnt be staying with them and started the process of moving to vodafone.

Whats even more annoying is the calls they are charging me for which should be contained within my package go all the way back to the end of may.

Also this could have all been easily avoided if the Eircom rep I spent an hour on the phone too said since you have cancelled all your UK calls would be charged for and no longer covered under your package, if they did I wouldnt have made any UK calls since and waiting till the next bill to move, but they didnt which leaves me high and dry for €110 on top of my current bill, how can they justify that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

OK I think I get what you're saying. You changed the broadband package which automatically changed the talktime package you were on, giving you unlimited calls to the UK, as this package is not available with the lower broadband package.

Again I fail to see how any of this is eircom's fault.

Did you ask the agent you were dealing with if the broadband change would affect your talktime package?

It is always the consumers responsibility when dealing with ANY company, big or small, to make sure that they understand what they are doing or committing to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eircom have done nothing wrong that I can see. There will be a recording of the 'downgrade' call but unless it shows the OP being misled by the agent ther eis no comeback.

I think the OP knew they were out of bundle calling the UK and should have gone to eg tesco mobile for 1c a minute calls or similar. Then the bill arrived to confirm that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

...and I will never ever spend another penny with eircom.

Im soooooo mad.
    If you don't want to give any more money to Eircom then you should consider UPC, as Vodafone are merely resellers of the Eircom line, so part of the money you pay to Vodafone will go to Eircom anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Eircom,

Im so angry right now its unbelievable.

I am in the process of moving to Vodafone since last week.

My Eircom package included free calls to the UK. Since im moving you have decided to charge me for all my calls to the UK and all my local landline for the last month with out informing me.

I estimate you are charging me €89.84 extra for calls and a €20.96 Charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service.

I was informed of neither of these charges what so ever and have nearly collapse when I seen them. A total of €110.80.

The reason Im moving is not my fault but yours. I needed to downgrade becuase money is tighter as I have lost my job and my broadband package which i paid for the last year you guys were telling me I was getting 24mb when I checked I was only receiving 12mb. When I tried to downgrade my speed you guys wanted to take my free UK calls package away and put me on a crap package that limited the amount of minutes a month I used.

I gave eircom every chance to hang onto me as a customer, I spent an hour on the phone with cancellations and in that whole time no one mentioned they were going to charge me a poxy €20.96 for cancelling my package (when my contract had been finished) and going to charge me €89.84 for my UK calls which are normally covered by my package.

I called today and had a pain in the ass trying to understand some indian guy who couldnt speak english who removed to put me to a supervisor or someone that could speak english and spent all his time blaming me and vodafone. I told him vodafone isnt the one trying to charge me €110 for things that are included in my package.

If this isnt resolve I will be taking the matter to comreg and I will make alot of anti eircom noise and I will never ever spend another penny with eircom.

Im soooooo mad.

Hi abbyw1989

If you PM me your telephone and account number I can investigate this for you and hopefully add some clarity here. I will be back with a response as soon as possible.
    Tony

Advertisement