Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Am Italian, Tonight You Can Tell Me A Bar Where Italians Watch Match?

Options
  • 28-06-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello,

I am Beppe, from Brindisi in the south Italy.

I stay in Carlow some weeks this summer, and tonight because it is a beautiful match, I want to find a bar in Dublin where maybe some Italians will watch match. Please tell me if is possible that I can find this and where? I think maybe is hard in Carlow because is small, but very beautiful, place, so I ask for Dublin.

Grazie :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Bar Italia? Try the Italian Quarter, there are a good few Italians working there who will know. It's between the Jervis St Luas stop and the river, at the pedestrian bridge - NOT the Ha'penny Bridge.

or try the good people here...
    or here

Prego
    Julio Cesare

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

I will regret this, as the place is gonna be packed massively again but:

Murrays/Fibbers/Living Room

at corner O'Connel Street / Parnell Street.

Or the Woolshed in Parnell Street close to the Cineworld (across Penneys).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Beppe

Thank-you, I am alredy nervous :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Best of luck to Italia tonight. I think Pirlo is the player of the tournament so far.

mattser wrote: »
    Best of luck to Italia tonight. I think Pirlo is the player of the tournament so far.

I am Interista but I also agree with you. His spoon was very beautiful against England :D. I think Germany is maybe stronger, is younger and maybe has better attackers, but if Balotelli want to play tonight we can win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I know of several Italians who are going to the Living Room. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Hi Beppe, I can't help with your question because I am in Cork but just to wish Italy the best of luck. I will certainly be cheering the Azurri on. There should be a good atmosphere in most pubs anyway.

maddragon wrote: »
    Hi Beppe, I can't help with your question because I am in Cork but just to wish Italy the best of luck. I will certainly be cheering the Azurri on. There should be a good atmosphere in most pubs anyway.

Grazie amico :).

Most Irish people want Italy to win or Germany?

And if I choose stay in Carlow and cannot find a bar with Italians (I think to travel to Dublin but not sure), if I have flag, shirt, and am excited in Italian language, I will be welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

There were loads of them in the Woolshed at the IRE V IT game. Their national anthem was sung louder than the Irish one!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Beppe wrote: »
    maddragon wrote: »

Grazie amico :).

Most Irish people want Italy to win or Germany?

And if I choose stay in Carlow and cannot find a bar with Italians (I think to travel to Dublin but not sure), if I have flag, shirt, and am excited in Italian language, I will be welcome?

I think most people here would be neutral and just hope for a good match. I'm sure you will be very welcome wherever you go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I remember awhile ago there was a good few Italians in the woolshed watching a serie A game (think it was Inter v Napoli) so might get a decent crowd there.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Beppe wrote: »
    I want to find a bar in Dublin where maybe some Italians will watch match.

Sinnotts on Stephens Green is known for attracting a lot of foreigners for the big games.
    I'm betting there will be a lot of Germans and Italians there.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Im meeting some Italians in the woolshed Beppe.

Its a good place to watch the football.

Sorry to say i think Ze Germans will put you guys out tonight. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Forza Italia!

Go to the Woolshed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'd say The Woolshed too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Sinnott's just off St Stephen's Green would be my recommendation - Super place to watch a game and likely to be packed with Italians and Germans.

Forza Italia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

The Woolshed generally attracts quite a lot of Italians and Germans during the league season, probably a good bet.

Auf gehts Deutschland!

Thanks all!

I think I try The Woolshed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Be careful, Beppe.

The Woolshed is in one the more dangerous parts of the city.

Either way, enjoy the game.

Thanks to all for advices. I went to bar on corner of O'Connell Street. From steps outside at back you can see outside tv of Living Room bar. I had great time, I think to go back there on Sunday. I cant believe we won!

• Advertisement

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Be careful, Beppe.

The Woolshed is in one the more dangerous parts of the city.

Either way, enjoy the game.

Thank-you for your advice that that zone of Dublin is dangerous, it make me awake and I see some things, but lucky I had great time anyway :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Went by The Living Room just after kick-off last night and the queue to get in was all the way to the corner of O'Connell Street :eek: I don't know why on earth people would bother knowing how busy it was.

Advertisement