Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Mobile 5 & web services

Options
  • 28-06-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

OK I know this is OLD technology but I'm tinkering about with something that I shelved years ago and its been bugging me to do it...
    I know we've all moved on to iOS, Android , Phone gap, etc etc etc ..

This an old Windows mobile 5 application and an ASP.NET web service issue.
    Developed a web service in ASP.Net
    developed a mobile Application in VS 2005.

I can browse to web service from both development machine and emulator browsers but when I try to invoke WS from mobile application I get a exception error of 'cannot connect to network'
    Driving me mad..

Any old WM /ASP gurus out there ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Is this over your lan on wifi? Or over 3g via mobile network? If the latter then maybe your network is blocking the traffic.

Also how is your server configured? Test environment is very different from live environment in this regard. Make sure you can access your server over the internet properly (ie NOT via lan).

I doubt the issue has anything to do with WinMo.

Advertisement