Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ttc after erpc (d&c)

Options
  • 28-06-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi all,

I had a missed m/c diagnosed on my dating scan. I was supposed to be about 12 weeks but baby only measured 8weeks and 3 days and there was no heartbeat.

That was on 6th of June. They gave me the 3 options, let it pass naturally, taking the tablets or D&C. seeing that it was about 4 weeks since the m/c happened and my body still hadn't realized i decided to go for the tablets. After a week, after many cramps and slight spotting i went back to hospital. I hadn't passed anything yet so they gave me the 3 options again. After the agonzing week i had i decided to go for an ERPC, which they told me was less invading than a D&C as it was just removing the sack by vacuuming it rather than scraping. That happened on 14th of June. Today i can say i've stopped bleeding, still mini spotting but that is all.

Gosh, i haven't talked about it with anybody as i tear up straight away, and now i can barely see what i'm writing with all the water in my eyes. Anyways.. i hope that this feeling will go away soon.

On the hospital they didnt tell me anything about when would be safe to ttc again. They gave me a leaflet explaining what would happen after the procedure but that was it. In the leaftlet it was recomended to wait until after my first period after the erpc, however, it didn't explained why.

Altho traumatic experience I am ready, emotionally, to try again, it's more, i can't wait!! I feel like something really important was lost and i can't wait to have it again. When i got pg at first i thought it happened too quick, i had planned to 'not to avoid' to get pg this year but didnt expect it to happen so quick, so kinda thought i wasn't ready and you know how we are, i think it was this feeling of 'unpreparedness' that caused me to have the mc. Anyways, when i lost it, like any human being, is when i realized how much did i really wanted it and how long i would have had to prepare and how stupid i was to ever think i wasnt ready and i want it back!!

So, question is, can i start straight away now that the bleeding stopped? I have been searching on the internet and like with every issue you always find a thousand answers to your one question. Some people say you can start straight away, like the erpc is just artificially doing what your period does every month. Others say to wait 3 months. Others after first normal cycle.

I just cant wait. Any advise out there? any past experiences?

Please help.

Forgot to mention my cycles are very irregular. Just so you can picture it, i stopped taking the pill in december and my first period after that was in March. Then i got pg, i think sometime en of March begining of April so for me waiting a full cycle could mean 2-3 months..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

First my condolences. I've had 3 missed miscarriages and it is real and you do need to take some time to deal. Acknowledge the loss and then hopefully move on. But you will never forget your babies.
    The reason they advise to wait has to do with letting your body heal a bit. You will actually be more receptive to getting pregnant now than you were before (or at least that's what I was told by the surgeon) for a couple of months anyway. Your body has gone through a traumatic experience, your hormones are all over the place and they all need to settle down. Give it the 3-4 weeks then get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

so sorry for your loss,I'm sure it was a terrible experience for you,Although you may feel emotionally ready right now,maybe your body could do with some time to heal.Giving it one cycle anyway will give your body that time to regularise again and heal.Good luck to you.

Advertisement