Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online system / pakage for monitoring work flow

Options
  • 28-06-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi

We are a small company (<10 employees) with some staff working from home. We want to implement an online system which will allow each staff member to log in and update their progress in projects they are working on. We were using google docs, but would prefer to use a actual specific package.

I'd appreciate any recommendations, or an idea where to start looking.

Thanks

CD

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coughdrops

Thanks very much, I'll have a look at that

CD

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

Have a look at freshbooks www.freshbooks.com

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

coughdrops wrote: »
    Hi

We are a small company (<10 employees) with some staff working from home. We want to implement an online system which will allow each staff member to log in and update their progress in projects they are working on. We were using google docs, but would prefer to use a actual specific package.

I'd appreciate any recommendations, or an idea where to start looking.

Thanks

CD

Have a look at huddle or zoho.

I've trailed both for clients and they look pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭karlkarlson

Been using Asana for a few weeks and it's great - its free for up to 30 employees and you use it in the web browser. It's simple to use and very clever. The site has some good videos to explain it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

You could try an online or cloud CRM system. With this, all users activity on the system can be tracked, and recorded and reported on. You could create piplelines and workflows to allow you to see a clear overview on the status/stage of each project and the activities associated with each project. Reports can be created to show this information. This means that all details in relation to each project can be stored in one location e.g. Notes, documents, communications, related companies or people

There is a free 30 day trial available on www.sagecrm.com (up to 5 people can be set up as users on the trial). I am connected to the company.

Advertisement