Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLNA with Zyxel Router

Options
  • 28-06-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Zyxel Router provided by eircom and I can't get DLNA to work on it. I have been trying this for ages and have made numerous attempts. I was in contact with Eircom technical support some months ago and they provided me with some new firmware that was supposed to fix the issue. While this did allow me to connect using DLNA it constantly times out and is totally unusable.

Is this a common issue with this Router? What are the chances of you providing me with a new router that has DLNA working?

Thanks
    Nedd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

nedd wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Zyxel Router provided by eircom and I can't get DLNA to work on it. I have been trying this for ages and have made numerous attempts. I was in contact with Eircom technical support some months ago and they provided me with some new firmware that was supposed to fix the issue. While this did allow me to connect using DLNA it constantly times out and is totally unusable.

Is this a common issue with this Router? What are the chances of you providing me with a new router that has DLNA working?

Thanks
    Nedd

Hi Nedd,

All that is required in order to us DLNA is to open the correct port to communicate with the modem.

Port forwarding allows your individual game or the Console to open the required ports and communicate with other gamers through the modem. . The eircom ZyXEL modem comes with it's NAT setup and you may need to specify port forwarding in order to use the modem with a particular game console(s).

Portforward.com

When you go to the website above select your ZyXEL P660 modem. If you're unable to find your specific version, choose a similar web interface /plaform.. In this case the ZyXEL P660 model, or a similar version or model (web interface). Click on 'Skip the Advertising' on the website and choose your specific modem link (on the Portwarding website) and then select game options. These are generally listed (below) in alphabetical order.

Normally, to play most Games Consoles over a modem, all that's required is to lower the router's firewall. There is no need to turn off the firewall completely; just set the firewall to low. Most Games Consoles, will not require you to change the Port forwarding settings manually; However this depends on the game console or the individual game.

If you're still having an issue, please call into eircom Technical Support for specific help with your broadband. If you need help with your game console, you should contact the manufacturer for a specific settings or advice on opening ports.

Broadband Technical Support: 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Best wishes,

Ant

Advertisement