Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a mobo issue that i should get replaced? Can't get any help on this issue

Options
  • 28-06-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Specs:
    CPU: i5 2500k
    Mobo: P8Z68-V LX
    Ram: Corsair Vengence 4GB
    HDD: Samsung Seagate 160GB (Salvaged from old computer)
    PSU: OCZ 750w 80+ Bronze

Long story short, recently built a computer and I cannot use any internet browsers. Chrome gives me the aw snap page on pretty much every page. Firefox and IE just plain crash.

I can other stuff like game, itunes etc. I have microsoft security essentials and added them to the firewall and still nothing.

I have gotten a couple of BSODs like Memory_managemenl_lessl_less_or_equal, paged in a non paged area,
    couple of driver ones and ones that dont have an error. I used bluescreen viewer to analyze them and the usually point to ntoskrnl.exe but cannot find an explanation for it. Haven't got any bssod with the ps3 drive though.

None of the steps on google's support page help.

Troubleshooting I have done:
    Tested each stick of ram for 6hrs using memtest with no errors.
    Tested hdd with bootable diagnostic, no errors.
    Tested cpu with intel burn test, no errors.

Reinstalled windows with just the lan driver, same issue.
    Reinstalled windows updated every driver using the ASUS website, still same issue.
    Reinstall windows using 1 stick of ram, same issue.
    Boot up windows in safe mode w/networking, same issue

Update bios to newest version, same issue.
    Restore optimal defaults in bios (I only ever changed the boot order), still same issue.

CPU and motherboard run at normal tempatures. I am blaming the motherboard just
    because that is all I have left to blame.
    I can't even swap out any parts for spare parts since I have not got the spare cash to
    get some spare parts.

update: tried a different hdd, couple of years old (2.5" ps3 hdd) but still getting same issues :(

Any help would be appreciated greatly.
    Adam Farrell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'd guess if you only get crashes when you use your browsers (when you have network activity), it might be the LAN on your motherboard that's busted. But you'd probably need a separate LAN card or a wireless connection option to test that.

I had a similar problem with my old motherboard, the LAN port on that just stopped working (no connection). But it didn't really cause any other issues. When I got a cheap 10 euro PCI LAN card and disabled the onboard port, everything worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

I presume ur using 32 bit browsers. Have you tried using ie 64 bit? Does this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Thanks, I dug out an old usb network adapter and will give that a whirl.

It occurred to me that it might be the lan drivers but i never thought the device was busted ha

Well ill see how this goes.

Advertisement