Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Cancellation Postal/Email Address : which one to use

Options
  • 28-06-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I have been an Eircom Customer for 20+ years now and despite what some might say I have never had a problem with any of their services . I still don't , but I do have a problem with me trying to finance my loyalty and happiness with the service :) .

UPC have been contacting me and recently made me an offer I couldn't refuse ...

I contacted Eircom this morning and they made me a counter offer but unfortunately while it did come close it also required me to sign up to a new 12 month contract , which considering it was still more expensive than UPC's and I have been with them for so long I didn't think it was fair . So I told the person that I still intended to cancel and she gave me a postal address that I was to send my letter to , I asked for an E-mail address and she said I had to post it as I was keeping my phone number . After reading the other threads on here I haven't come accross this .

Can someone advise me ?

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jonski wrote: »
    Hi ,

I have been an Eircom Customer for 20+ years now and despite what some might say I have never had a problem with any of their services . I still don't , but I do have a problem with me trying to finance my loyalty and happiness with the service :) .

UPC have been contacting me and recently made me an offer I couldn't refuse ...

I contacted Eircom this morning and they made me a counter offer but unfortunately while it did come close it also required me to sign up to a new 12 month contract , which considering it was still more expensive than UPC's and I have been with them for so long I didn't think it was fair . So I told the person that I still intended to cancel and she gave me a postal address that I was to send my letter to , I asked for an E-mail address and she said I had to post it as I was keeping my phone number . After reading the other threads on here I haven't come accross this .

Can someone advise me ?

John

Hi John
    Yes that is the proceedure for moving provider, however the cancelation date is taken from the call date when you requested to cancel.
    I hope this helps, if you need more info just post me here.
    Sorry to hear you are moving but goodluck with new service.
    Tony

Advertisement