Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depileve & Lycon wax

Options
  • 28-06-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Can any of you more experienced ladies (or men!) tell me the difference between Depileve and Lycon wax in your own words? And also possibly give opinions on which is less painful, better for your skin, etc.. I'm unashamedly wimpy about wax pain, I've had my legs waxed once and almost cried - I know it gets better but I was too much of a scaredy cat to go back. I've read a little about Lycon and it sounds like a good option for me, but I saw that my local salon does Depileve and I wondered if that was as good, or better even.

All help gratefully excepted!! :)

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

I've had a wollywood wax done with the lycon wax. It is not completely pain free but as you can imagine that is a pretty sensitive area!!! I would be very much like yourself when it comes to normal waxing and tears do well up in my eyes but I have to say I got through the lycon waxing with no tears and relatively no pain :) I'm afraid I can't help with the other treatment though

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I've had lycon strip wax on my legs and the hot wax on bikini and underarms and found it great. I think Depileve is something similiar judging by the website here. Pop a couple of paracetamol beforehand if your concerned with the pain, it really helps
    http://www.depileve.ie/depileve-superior-waxes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Shauna16

Lycon hot wax Is slightly less painful than your average hot wax but it's noway 70% less painful as it claims to be! Another good one is Caron wax.. I've worked with both and find the Caron better than the Lycon but at the end of the day, it still hurts like a b#tch!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭andylennon11

I used to find Hollywood wax so so painful when I used to get it done but since using lycon it is sooo sooo much less painful for me. I don't feel sore atall with it. It's comfortable enough considering. I can't describe the difference it has made to me. I'm no longer terrrified getting it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

Lycon all the way! Also, I find leg wax, especially lower leg, to pinch alot more than Brazilian, possibly because I have very bad dry skin on my legs.

Would never go back to strip waxing after Lycon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement