Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase speeds on exchange

Options
  • 28-06-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey
    Just wanna know if the Ballycotton exchange will be providing better speeds anytime soon? Currently all lines on the Ballycotton exchange are limited to 2meg .
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hey
    Just wanna know if the Ballycotton exchange will be providing better speeds anytime soon? Currently all lines on the Ballycotton exchange are limited to 2meg .
    Thanks

Hi TheLastMile,

Thanks for you query.

I've checked with our networks and there are no immediate plans to upgrade the Ballycotton exchange. If I receive further information I will update you.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There is no fibre beyond Cloyne so Ballycotton most likely has a backhaul of between as little as 16mbits and 48mbits for the entire town. Ballycotton was most likely the last ADSL1 exchange enabled in Ireland so you were lucky to get anything, many simiar exchanges scheduled for DSL upgrades were abandoned by eircom....even ones with fibre available such as Kilricke in County Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TheLastMile

OK thanks for the reply.
    We get a lot of congestion during peak hours so that's why I was wondering were ye going to upgrade the backhaul

Advertisement