Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Education

Options
  • 28-06-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi all

I am doing the PDE in Languages next year.

Is it possible to convert this into an MA in Education by doing extra modules and a thesis at all? I know this is possible in the UK but wondering about here at home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

I would be astonished if this were possible as I know of many teachers with the PDE (or equivalent) who did a Master's in Education (M Ed) or an MA in Education but I never heard mention of any exemptions available. And given that so many Masters in Education students would be teachers it would be more well-known if it were possible I would think.

But only the colleges themselves would give you a definitive answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Thanks for the reply there. Yes you are probably right but it is a shame there is no link or crossover at all.

Advertisement