Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non alcoholic accompaniment to goat cheese

Options
  • 28-06-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I discovered a while back that a treat I can take is goat cheese (chevre) + crackers + sauvignon blanc.
    I guess a classic French style evening treat/snack.
    In June/July I stay away from wine as I am on anti-histamines for hay fever.

Any other beverages which are nice with the farm goat cheese/crackers ?

-ifc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Sparkling water or a light herbal tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

OT, but I don't desist from alcohol when I'm on antihistamines and I don't recall seeing anything in the patient information leaflet about avoiding it, nor do I experience any adverse effects from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

ifconfig wrote: »
    I discovered a while back that a treat I can take is goat cheese (chevre) + crackers + sauvignon blanc.
    I guess a classic French style evening treat/snack.
    In June/July I stay away from wine as I am on anti-histamines for hay fever.

Any other beverages which are nice with the farm goat cheese/crackers ?

-ifc

Something like elderflower (sparkling h20 + cordial?) or one of the many healthier drinks available near soft drinks in supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Many thanks for the suggestions so far.
    Nice !

Alun - I take Zirtec or that other generic ceterezine substitute.
    I'm in my mid 40s and I used to take Piriton in my teens, etc before zirtec, etc came on the scene.
    Piriton could make you drowsy.
    I find the Ceterezine based tablets will make me drowsy if I drink with them.
    I tend to ease off booze (and I'm a light drinker anyway) once the hayfever season kicks in.
    I end up dosing off on the couch, and waking up with creak in my neck.
    So, I've learned the hard way.
    I guess side effects vary depending on your metabolism and other factors.

-ifc

Advertisement