Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One item/thing that you couldnt do without?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Do you have a link to that measuring device?

I got mine in tesco for €3 but only has 3 sections on it so bought 2 of them. so handy. At least if you lose count you can empty and start again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    My two would be

If bottle feeding get one of these. Try counting with no sleep.
    51UKsMIBmzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And a baby monitor with a mat to detect movement.

Fantastic advice! And you can also now get a scoop that measures out the required amount in one scoop! I'm so tempted to get one and if I do will use it for the coffee machine once the baby is on cow's milk...how clever is that! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i would definitely recommend a changing table/station.

everyone told me they were a waste of money.. so i only bought a changing mat.

but i had a back to back labour and was quite sore for a few weeks after so my partner made me a changing station out of my old school desk and the changing mat!!!

also borrow what you can. i borrowed the Moses basket (new mattress). and im glad i did as just tonight she's moved into her cot.. so Moses only lasted eleven weeks!!

also when people ask what you want... tell them!!! i did... and even so eleven weeks later I've drawers upon drawers full of clothes that don't fit her and haven't even been worn.
    my grandparents and aunts bought the cot between them. folks got the travel system. siblings got mobile and rug for nursery. mate got intercom. etc.. speak out. you will only know yourself when baby comes.

defo stock up on stamps, thank you cards, and washing powder!!!!!

also for feeding i got the L Shaped pillow as a babies head is unbelievably heavy. its a god send and only ten euro in guineys !!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 midnightdream

www.simplynoise.com a free white noise thing on the internet! Saved my Life!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

The one thing I used every day for the past year is the milk powder holder thingy! You should try get ur baby to drink cold bottles, you can fill the desired amount of water and then add powder to cold water whenever its feeding time! It means the bottle is cold but fresh, I make all the days bottles in the morning and it save you going downstairs in the morning for bottle, u might not mind the first few mornings but trust me anythings that saves time or gains an extra couple of mins in bed is well worth it!! Here's the one I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000MQQR7W/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/178-1179059-8795847

• Advertisement
Advertisement