Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey doesn't share food !!!

• 28-06-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else not like to share food?

As a child I was told it was a very greedy thing to do..

But as an adult things haven't changed, i would happily buy someone a meal than have them pick at mine.

If your hand reaches for my plate, prepare to be stabbed with a fork.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Seeing clips of that godawful tv show from 20 years ago makes me bring my food back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I only share yuckie food. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I wouldn't be that possessive, but I don't get things like tapas. Or restaurants where people say, "Let's get a few different things and we can pick at each of them."

No, fnck that. I will order what I want to eat, and I alone will eat it. I have no interest in your weird pseudo-cultural food sharing ritual. Especially when it's not with people I'm exceptionally comfortable with.

I've had work colleagues suggest tapas. That's fifth-date territory right there, no way pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I only share yuckie food. :mad:

The good old 'this is disgusting - taste it!!' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Kurz wrote: »
    Seeing clips of that godawful tv show from 20 years ago makes me bring my food back up.

i liked friends. :confused:

didn't everybody like friends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

FatherLen wrote: »

Yeah the only bad thing about friends was the amount of repeats on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

yes the first time but after E4's 300+ re-runs... not so much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Does anyone else not like to share food?

As a child I was told it was a very greedy thing to do..

But as an adult things haven't changed, i would happily buy someone a meal than have them pick at mine.

If your hand reaches for my plate, prepare to be stabbed with a fork.

I'm right with you there! What's mine is mine.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The good old 'this is disgusting - taste it!!' :D

i must try that when i'm eating something i like, good old reverse psychology :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i hate sharing food

if I got food it's because I want it. if you want food, get food. leave mine alone

*pats belly*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

No

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

No. Bunh of whiney cnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

But its such a common thing that everybody is expected to share their food.

Especially dessert, if i didn't let you have a chip you have a fat:pac: chance you're getting some of my cheese cake

noddyone2 wrote: »
    Bunch of whiney cnuts.

the people that dont like Friends :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've paid for it, no I'm not going to share it with you just because you're too tight to actually buy something.

Also, having been out last night. "Have you got a fag?" Yes, yes I have person I've never met, because I bought them, and no you can't 'borrow' one.

I don't like sharing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

i hate sharing food

if I got food it's because I want it. if you want food, get food. leave mine alone

*pats belly*

Well, yeah, if you are getting something that everyone knows what it tastes like, fair enough, hands off!

But if you are in a restaurant where there are various dishes you've never tried it's nice to taste or share. A forkful though, not a third of the plate ;)

brummytom wrote: »
    Also, having been out last night. "Have you got a fag?" Yes, yes I have person I've never met, because I bought them, and no you can't 'borrow' one.

you do know there is a good chance you're gonna get the shít kicked out of you someday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

davet82 wrote: »
    the people that dont like Friends :rolleyes:

Malari wrote: »
    But if you are in a restaurant where there are various dishes you've never tried it's nice to taste or share.
    No it's not. If you want some, then piss off and order it the next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Who stabs with a fork ffs?

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    No it's not. If you want some, then piss off and order it the next time.

Wow, ok...

The boyfriend usually gets the rest of my food anyway, never finish :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

People thinking they are being all cutesy while helping themselves to my grub....no effing way. I normally try and guff or sneeze over mine to prevent this happening.

Who stabs with a fork ffs?
    Well the soup spoon wouldn't quite cut it

My (at the time) 15 year old brother really did pin my (then 17 year old) sister's hand to the table with a fork when she tried to steal a chip from his plate. She was a terror for 'gis a bit' and if someone touched his food he wouldn't eat it, just dump it in the bin. That was the 3rd time that week she had said she didn't want anything as she was on a diet and then picked at his dinner.

Sister is 54 now and you can still see the mark on her hand - we all tell her you can't that it's an age related liver spot.

I was 9 at the time and I thought it was Coolest thing my big brov ever did. Still do. :D

Merkin wrote: »
    People thinking they are being all cutesy while helping themselves to my grub....no effing way. I normally try and guff or sneeze over mine to prevent this happening.

Now that would turn me off my own food in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Sometimes I'll say something like, "This is delicious, have a try!" But I absolutely can't stand people who just reach over and take something off my plate, or reach into my bag of crisps or take a sip of my drink without even asking first. Just poor manners.

Also there was that time when I was ordering dessert at the end of a meal and the person I was with said he wouldn't have any. Then after the waiter took my order he asked for two spoons. Eh, no, my chocolate brownie and vanilla ice-cream, if you wanted some you should have ordered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I wouldn't be that possessive, but I don't get things like tapas. Or restaurants where people say, "Let's get a few different things and we can pick at each of them."

[/QUOTE]

Malari wrote: »
    Wow, ok...
    :D

I think my possessiveness is the result of being the youngest of four buys and always having to guard my chips :( They slag me about it now, but they created this monster, it's their fault.

I'm actually OK with sides now, I have no problem sharing them. But I think it's the height of rudeness to ask someone that you're not related to, "Do you mind if I have a little taste of yours?". Yes, I mind, but how do I tell you that without looking like a child, you ass? Food is personal.

Even on my own, I'm not a mix n' match fan. I like a meal that's a meal, not a few small portiosn of different things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

"I'm going to the chipper, do you want a bag of chips?"

"Na, I'll just have a few of yours!"

"You will in me hole!!!" :mad:

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »

i hear ye bro, it accounts for 60% of domestic violence according to the reports ;)

Or "give us a lick of your ice pop"

Are you f*cking crazy :eek:

Or "give us a lick of your ice pop"

Are you f*cking crazy :eek:

worst still is the aunty that takes a piece of your chewing gum... scummy bitch :pac:

kfallon wrote: »

I don't mind if we have agreed before hand - then we can allocate portions. 'this is my portion and this is your portion'. Then its all clear. Mine. Yours. Simples.

It's when people say they don't want any and then help themselves to my food that I get annoyed.
    'Did you say you wanted some - NO.
    Did I offer you some before I started eating-YES.
    Did I at any time indicate you could help yourself to mine - NO.

BACK OFF! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

......... but other peoples chips always taste sooooo nice!

worst still is the aunty that takes a piece of your chewing gum... scummy bitch :pac:

Thats just nasty. Same with lollipops , Seen two kids sharing one and i was like, there like 30 cent

• Advertisement

RichT wrote: »

You !! get out, get out now :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

A lot of you should eat alone, in a locked room.

I don't understand how you can be so possessive over food:confused:.

that sort of attitude will half your life expectency bud :D

I went to college with a girl who used to eat the chips people (complete strangers) left in places like MacDonalds. When people would get up and not clear their tray away she's be over like a shot and eat the cold, leftover chips. Am not sure if that was either one of the most revolting or stingiest things I've ever seen anyone do. :eek:

Only Child Perhaps ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Only Child Perhaps ??
    No

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I went to college with a girl who used to eat the chips people (complete strangers) left in places like MacDonalds. When people would get up and not clear their tray away she's be over like a shot and eat the cold, leftover chips. Am not sure if that was either one of the most revolting or stingiest things I've ever seen anyone do. :eek:

Bit of both to be honest

:D

I think my possessiveness is the result of being the youngest of four buys and always having to guard my chips :( They slag me about it now, but they created this monster, it's their fault.

I'm actually OK with sides now, I have no problem sharing them. But I think it's the height of rudeness to ask someone that you're not related to, "Do you mind if I have a little taste of yours?". Yes, I mind, but how do I tell you that without looking like a child, you ass? Food is personal.

Even on my own, I'm not a mix n' match fan. I like a meal that's a meal, not a few small portiosn of different things.

:p No, chips are different. Everyone knows what chips taste like and most people like them. You want a side of fries, order 'em.

And I normally offer tastes of my food, rather than look for tastes of other people's. If they wanna offer, fair enough though.

I love tapas too :o I'm clearly a sharer.

Never had a problem sharing food myself, unless it was someone overweight who i knew was a greedy bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Fat people are not as jolly as you may have been led to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any time we go out to a restaurant, my girlfriend always knows I'll generally order the same thing I like every time.

She uses this as her excuse to buy some weird ass dish, just to try it out - knowing full well she can use mine as a fallback one in case the experimental one doesn't work out.

:mad:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any time we go out to a restaurant, my girlfriend always knows I'll generally order the same thing I like every time.

She uses this as her excuse to buy some weird ass dish, just to try it out - knowing full well she can use mine as a fallback one in case the experimental one doesn't work out.

:mad:
    The next time she does that, you let her order first then order exactly the same thing as her. It's win-win for you, she has no reason to steal yours and if she doesn't like it you can eat hers too, guilt-free.

It might be rank of course, but I'm sure you can smile through it on principle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I have no problem when someone asks for a little bit of a bar or something like that. I am kinda forced into sharing food by my family. I hate it when the just take something from my plate that a fork in the hand offence but I will flip the table over when other people put food on my plate that they don't want. What makes them think I what their fupping food that they don't what in their body but its okay on my plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

Came home one day with a bar of chocolate, and went in to the sitting room and ate it while watching tv. 10 minutes later mum came in and after seeing the empty wrapper,she started giving out to me because she said she would have ate some of it if she'd known I had a bar.... Selfish b*tch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

yes the first time but after E4's 300+ re-runs... not so much :pac:

I remember after school me and my two sisters would watch it every day at 5 on E4 out of habit. Must of seen each episode at least 10 times so I'm pretty much sick of it.

I even remember the sponsor - Appletiser and all it's variants!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement