Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres - Giant Rapid 2

Options
  • 28-06-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of info.

I'm just about to get my first decent bike after using the same mountain bike for the last 13 years.

I'm getting a Giant (2012) Rapid 2 and after reading some reviews on the tyres, the standard you get with the bike are apparently not great.

I will be using the bike mainly for commuting to and from work through town (Dublin) & from Baldoyle area & up some relatively steep hills out by Stepaside (approx. 15 - 20 miles one way).

Can anyone comfirm if these tyres are poor and if possible give me some options of alternative durable tyres I could buy (that won't effect the overal performance too much) at a decent price?

Appreciate any advice you can offer as I'm a totally new to all these "new bikes"
    (coming from an age when a bike was just a bike)

Thanks,
    Marc

Advertisement