Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get a supermarket to stock your product?

Options
  • 28-06-2012 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to approach a supermarket/chain store to stock your product? What approaches or tactics are there? I'm looking to promote a book publication in Supervalu preferably, or Dunnes Stores and Tesco. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

I know little about this matter but....

A friend of mine wrote & published a book and managed to get Easons to sell it in their shops.

Easons took about 50% (!) of the retail price as their cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Find out who the purchaser for that department would be and target them. Be prepared for tough negotiations.

As Supervalu managers can buy independently I would try and get it stocked in a few stores so then you can say how sales went in those stores and do projections nationwide based on that.

Getting it on the shelf is only the start though, you have to merchandise and promote in all the shops as well and make sure the managers have it on their shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭bowloforanges

Thanks very much for the advice

Advertisement