Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Offline (Dublin & Kildare)

Comments

Yakuza wrote: »
    Same here, I'd had my previous one for over a year. A totally different block as well, prev was 79.97.xxx.yyy, now 89.100.www.zzz
    Mine stayed the same, 89.101.xxx.xxx. I prefer the 89 IPs as they resolve to FQDNs whereas the 79 block does not. The odd website gets fussy if your IP doesn't resolve a FQDN.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

(been down in Tallaght since 4pm yesterday)...still down - whats up guy's?

A txt message update or some media release on where we stand would be the decent thing to do:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Karsini wrote: »
    Mine stayed the same, 89.101.xxx.xxx. I prefer the 89 IPs as they resolve to FQDNs whereas the 79 block does not. The odd website gets fussy if your IP doesn't resolve a FQDN.

Since coming back from the outage I'm sporting a 109.255.xx.xx address, how about that.

Since coming back from the outage I'm sporting a 109.255.xx.xx address, how about that.

Yeah I've seen these ones too. There's another range which I can't think of. The 89.101 IPs resolve to an ntlworld.ie FQDN. The 79.97 range doesn't resolve to anything. I think 109.255 is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

CSU wrote: »
    (been down in Tallaght since 4pm yesterday)...still down - whats up guy's?

A txt message update or some media release on where we stand would be the decent thing to do:mad:

I'm in Tallaght aswell but mine came back about 9pm last night and is still fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭roganjosh

Internet was down yesterday but is working alright now. Telly is gone now though in Dublin 6W

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Anyone down in Dublin 3? Just moved house so not sure if they haven't completed the transfer or whether it's down for everyone.

clacks wrote: »
    Anyone down in Dublin 3? Just moved house so not sure if they haven't completed the transfer or whether it's down for everyone.

I'm in Fairview and it's fine here. Was down for about 4 hours yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

In D6W, BB been going on and off all evening. The phone is completely gone. I'm getting very fed up, it's been screwy for the last week or two, gone for a huge chunk of the day yesterday and now it's back to being screwy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Damien360

UPC went down a few weeks ago, on and off for 2 days. I rang to complain, explained the downtime and they refunded me for the 2 days lost in my next bill.

No point complaining here unless you are willing to pick up a phone (use your mobile) and complain to UPC.

• Advertisement

The callcentre closes a bit before 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Off all morning where i am in dub 15. Both tv and internet . using phone to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Off all morning where i am in dub 15. Both tv and internet . using phone to post here.

Same here in D15- internet gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

B B and phone still down D17. To make matters worse ran out of phone credit last nite so hadn't even got phone 3g and no way of contacting anyone until the shops opened and i could buy a top up card. At least the tv is ok unlike some people here. No text from upc and nothing on the website seems bad form. Into its 3rd day now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

yep still down in D17..3rd day..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

Still offline at 4pm in Dublin 15 (Phoenix Park Racecourse) here.

Got the network back late Thursday evening, worked as normal all of Friday at least until around 2:30 am..

But today, no such luck, haven't been online for even a minute without my phone. Thursday I used their Twitter account to find out if they're actually aware of, and working on, the issue, but of course that's offline now and their freephone doesn't work from where I am atm..

Do they have a "current issues" section on their website or somesuch?

They do know about the problem and are working on it. On Thursday their call centre went down but we found their international number and got through to them that way, so we know they are aware of it.

Still offline at 4pm in Dublin 15 (Phoenix Park Racecourse) here.

Got the network back late Thursday evening, worked as normal all of Friday at least until around 2:30 am..

But today, no such luck, haven't been online for even a minute without my phone. Thursday I used their Twitter account to find out if they're actually aware of, and working on, the issue, but of course that's offline now and their freephone doesn't work from where I am atm..

I got through to the tech support on the phone today. She said the outage you have is all over the PPR. She said it was being addressed by technicians and would be back by 13:30... Still offline. What a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

TV down all day in my parent's house in Cork too (still out)

Still down in phoenix Park racecourse. all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Had trouble on and off all week in Meath with service outage.

LAtely, when it is working, TV3 reception is breaking up or freezing all the time to the point you can't watch the channel. anyone else having similar problems with TV3 reception on UPC?

Still down in phoenix Park racecourse. all day long.

Its back working for me now- TV and Internet

Still no internet for me. strange. tv has been back a while.

Try turning off your modem at the back then switch back on.

Veloce wrote: »
    Try turning off your modem at the back then switch back on.

I've tried that a few times. Still no joy unfortunately. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

No internet here still either. TV's working, not that I really care about that - haven't used the TV for well over 6 months..

What really matters to me is the internet and the phone - better be fully up Monday as I have a week of working from home coming up..

Spoke too soon it's gone again in D15..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ShadyLane

Veloce wrote: »
    Spoke too soon it's gone again in D15..

Down again in D1 just now. What the heck is going on??

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,554 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Seems to have died in D10 the last 20 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭fiacha

Internet gone in d7 ashtown. I assume some poor engineer is implementing changes related to this weeks outage.

I'm a network engineer, so I feel their pain :)

Advertisement