Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Offline (Dublin & Kildare)

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

fiacha wrote: »
    Internet gone in d7 ashtown. I assume some poor engineer is implementing changes related to this weeks outage.

I'm a network engineer, so I feel their pain :)
    Down in Dublin 8 and beyond a joke at this point. If it is down for maintenance then professional companies usually give notice of such events.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

Been down in D1 for the last hour now. So much for a gaming night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭confusicus

Down in D2 for the past hour or so. Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

And it's back up in D1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

BAck up in D10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

back in D8 as well, it was out here in Kilmainham for the last couple of hours. Same thing happened yesterday and the day before.

edit: tv was never off, even when the internet was gone for the day, the tv was always working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

robertowjr wrote: »
    back in D8 as well, it was out here in Kilmainham for the last couple of hours. Same thing happened yesterday and the day before.

edit: tv was never off, even when the internet was gone for the day, the tv was always working.

Still down in D15...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Internet back up in Dublin 7 after going last night.

However i now have to reinstall the setup etc for the tv, and i dont have the activation code :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,554 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Slattsy wrote: »
    Internet back up in Dublin 7 after going last night.

However i now have to reinstall the setup etc for the tv, and i dont have the activation code :(

You can get it with the self service menu over the phone.

It's bloody gone again !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

Still gone here in the Racecourse. Never experienced anything like this - before I moved to Ireland, the longest outage I've had since 2001 where I got my first ADSL connection was 30 minutes.. :o

This is insane, an entire weekend gone.

Mines back again, hopefully thats it.
    Just need to get my tv back though, but at least i have my interweb.

Still gone here in the Racecourse. Never experienced anything like this - before I moved to Ireland, the longest outage I've had since 2001 where I got my first ADSL connection was 30 minutes.. :o

This is insane, an entire weekend gone.

Just back up... hopefully thats the end of it.

Veloce wrote: »
    Just back up... hopefully thats the end of it.

Not working here :o

But at least it sounds like there's progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mine is back up when i rang this morning and a upc chap manually reset my ssid and i was away!. Could have probably done that on friday if id have rang them instead of resetting the modem and hopefully waiting!.

Mine is back up when i rang this morning and a upc chap manually reset my ssid and i was away!. Could have probably done that on friday if id have rang them instead of resetting the modem and hopefully waiting!.

Has this worked for anyone else? I'm heading off to the city now, so can't be bothered sitting in a phone queue for ages to test it at the moment.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Traderdc

What's the number to call them? Tried 01 2458000 and getting a msg that office closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Down in d16 since 10pm was fine all day but by about 10 it went down and hasn't come back since this has been on going since their recent free speed upgrade. Starting to be a right pain in the arse

Back offline in D15 here at 11am..

Useless, all I can say. Absolutely useless. They better give me some money back or free time, five days offline is completely unacceptable in 2012.

Back offline in D15 here at 11am..

Useless, all I can say. Absolutely useless. They better give me some money back or free time, five days offline is completely unacceptable in 2012.

Seems to have just come back there. For how long I do not know. They keep updating their automated message saying that the estimated repair time in the D15 area is 12:30pm. Pain in the ahole

• Advertisement

Veloce wrote: »
    Seems to have just come back there. For how long I do not know. They keep updating their automated message saying that the estimated repair time in the D15 area is 12:30pm. Pain in the ahole

Hope it's sorted out - my shift starts 1pm, and altho I can just about manage the basic work via the phone connection, it's far from optimal considering the amount of systems and data I need to use..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

Still down for me in D17.

No resolution in sight and tried getting to through to tech support today. Lasted an hour on hold.

Eventually resorted to tweeting them...

and still no resolution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Down here in tallaght also - tried to get there tech support and was left on hold for an hour - was only singing there praise the other day:(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sv650

Still down for me in D6, finally got an answer on the phone last night and apparently everyone else in the area is back online.
    But never mind, they're sending someone around next monday...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

[Tallaght]

So, here I am 7 day's later with no net access - UPC phone support is less than useless.

Who do these people think they are being so bloody ignorant tword their customers? ... My UPC Box and modem is in a plastic bag and am awaiting them to come pick up their ****e.

*wonders if UPC have the same IT crowd as RBS & Ulster Bank working for them*

Enough is enough -1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

my net and phone was off and on the last few hours in clondalkin village, saw a few upc vans in the area earlier must be why.

Advertisement