Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing Ban From AH.

Options
  • 28-06-2012 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭

I got banned from AH because of a comment I made. The thread is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056679151
    I sought clarification on a number of points from the Mod concerned and frankly I think his/her answers are unsatisfactory and mildly insulting and don't provide the clarification I sought.
    It is a thread where some robust and trehchant positions are being taken, I understand that and I am sure other posters do. I personally find some comments as goading and trollish but I can live with that. I think the mod is prehaps displaying a bias in this action, which I don't think a mod should allowed to do. Surely moderation should be even handed and fair to all?

I think I am at liberty to post the PM's here, which sum up my issues.

PM One
    Dear Happyman42,

You have been banned from After Hours for four days for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

dr.bollocko

Moderator Note

Constant trolling.

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by Happyman42 viewpost.gif

Which is precisely why the question will be put to the people in the future. It's clear as day the British want rid. The Unionists saw to it that the British would have dealt with the Seventh Day Free Willy Assoc if it meant that the conflict would stop.
    The mistake Unionism made was to assume that colonisation meant loyalty. Their discomfort, as they realised that fact, over the last number of years has been satisfying indeed.
    Their willingness to shirk off centuries of ideals (the Chuckle

user_online.gifforward.gif

Could you clarify a number of things for me before I go to dispute resolution.

In comparison to some of the things said on thread, by posters such as Patrick CLeburne, Happy Monday etc. what exactly was excessively trollish about the following?
    Please note, I have no problem with others expressing their points of view forcefully, as evidenced by my not reporting users.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Happyman42 View Post

Which is precisely why the question will be put to the people in the future. It's clear as day the British want rid. The Unionists saw to it that the British would have dealt with the Seventh Day Free Willy Assoc if it meant that the conflict would stop.
    The mistake Unionism made was to assume that colonisation meant loyalty. Their discomfort, as they realised that fact, over the last number of years has been satisfying indeed.
    [/QUOTE]

Also could you clarify why you saw fit to ban two posters on the republican side of the debate, (on thread mod notes) and yet Happy Monday has not been similarly banned or reprimanded on thread, for far worse abuse and blatant trolling right from the start of the thread?

Could you also clarify what exactly you meant by 'bizarre'.

I would also like to know (but understand privacy concerns) if 'Patrick Cleburne' has been investigated as a re-reg of KeithAFC. If not how do I go about requesting an investigation of that?
    Thank you.

PM Two

Re: Clarification.
    In comparison to a number of things on thread which you did not report?

Show me them.

Happy monday has also been banned.

If you have concerns about a poster click the report post button.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Happyman42

In comparison to some of the things said on thread, by posters such as Patrick CLeburne, Happy Monday etc. what exactly was excessively trollish about the following?
    Please note, I have no problem with others expressing their points of view forcefully, as evidenced by my not reporting users.

Also could you clarify why you saw fit to ban two posters on the republican side of the debate, (on thread mod notes) and yet Happy Monday has not been similarly banned or reprimanded on thread, for far worse abuse and blatant trolling right from the start of the thread?

I would also like to know (but understand privacy concerns) if 'Patrick Cleburne' has been investigated as a re-reg of KeithAFC. If not how do I go about requesting an investigation of that?
    Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I am just following proceedure as per the charter and seeking clarification. And you haven't clarified anything.
    I'll ask again.
    1.What was excessively trollish about the comment you quoted in light of the content of the entire thread?
    2.Why where only two users from the republican side of the debate publically banned? My banning being a post on it's own and not attached to any particular comment?
    * I do not accept your confusion with names, as to intervene you must have known that TWO posters (unless Happy Monday was arguing with himself) where involved and that you needed to ban TWO people.
    3. What is the meaning of your word 'Bizarre'

As I said, your answers are for the purpose of bringing this to the Dispute resolution forum.

*Capitals are for emphasis, not shouting.

PM Three

1. Your needless goading tone throughout the thread seeking to get a rise out of others.

2. Happy monday was publicly banned also. Deal with it as you like. I don't need to justify the bans of others to you. In fact it's fair to say it's poor form.

3. "Bizarre" used as I had banned you earlier but the ban hadn't taken. Hence "bizarre" That your ban was not applied for your earlier posts.

Please stop wasting my time with whataboutery.

Quote:
    I am just following proceedure as per the charter and seeking clarification. And you haven't clarified anything.
    I'll ask again.
    1.What was excessively trollish about the comment you quoted in light of the content of the entire thread?
    2.Why where only two users from the republican side of the debate publically banned? My banning being a post on it's own and not attached to any particular comment?
    * I do not accept your confusion with names, as to intervene you must have known that TWO posters (unless Happy Monday was arguing with himself) where involved and that you needed to ban TWO people.
    3. What is the meaning of your word 'Bizarre'

As I said, your answers are for the purpose of bringing this to the Dispute resolution forum.

*Capitals are for emphasis, not shouting.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dr.bollocko
    In comparison to a number of things on thread which you did not report?

Show me them.

Happy monday has also been banned.

If you have concerns about a poster click the report post button.

Quote:

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Happyman42,

I'll start to look over this, this evening. There is a lot of information to go over so it may be tomorrow by the time I get back to you.

Thanks,

Micky

Hi Happyman42

Sorry about the delay, these things take more time then you'd think.

I've had a good discussion with the mods of AH and looked over recent posts of yours. As I read a lot of AH I am quite familair with you.

The only person here with a political agenda/bais is you, you were flaming on that thread. The Euro '12 thread was temp shut down, you were a contributing factor of that. You could very easily have been banned then but weren't.

I believe you got off light with a 4 day ban. I don't see any reason to overturn it or reduce it.

When you return, please be more mindful on how you post and what you post.

Of course it is you're right to have an Admin review my decision.

Thanks

Micky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Fair enough, I will serve the ban.
    But I do strongly object to your claim that I am the 'only one' with an agenda or bias on that thread. I would ask you to withdraw that remark.
    I can't see how you can say that I was the ony one when there are blatant and scurrilious digs all over the thread which are sectarian and flagrant attempts at flaming.

Did you also notice that I was told to 'f**K off' by a mod from politics, when he couldn't or wouldn't answer a simple question?

Hi Happyman42

I haven't made myself clear. You implied the banning mod may have a political bias. I can assure you that this isn't the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Ban has been served. If further discussion regarding general Moderator issues you can post in the Help Desk.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement