Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike lessons in Kilkenny

Options
  • 28-06-2012 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've recently gotten my motorbike learners permit, and now want to start learning how to drive. I know there is a guy who does lessons in town but is there anywhere that will provide a bike and teach me from the very beginning as I've never ridden a motorbike before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Got lessons a years back,couldn't find anyone here in kk.So I went down to Richard Thompson in Waterford.He's at the airport industrial estate.
    He has his own compound which would be ideal for a complete novice,and will supply a bike if needed.
    Still can't think of anyone here that does lessons,however I've seen a few learner's getting tuition lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Ger fitzgibbon, based in carlow but also does kilkenny. I used him few years ago when starting out but also referred 4 of my friends to him and they were all in agreement that he was a great instructor.
    Not sure if he rents bikes but with the introduction of the ibt you would assume that they would have to or their business would take a substantial hit.
    I'm in work at the moment but ill dig out his number when I get home and post back up here

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Ger Fitzgibbon
    059 9132047
    086 4017080
    jbess@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Sorry to drag up an old posy but is there still no one in Kilkenny. Interested in starting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Portloais Has a few afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Terry Platt who is Carlow based but also covers KIlkenny is a gentleman and great instructor.

Tel: 059-9134772 | Mob: 086-3969499

Advertisement