Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another dead rock star...............

Options
  • 28-06-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

I love SNOT!! not the green tasty stuff that lives in my nose but the band from california that made some of the best(in my opinion) rock/punk music of the late nineties. However their progress was cut short by the untimely death of lead singer Lynn Strait(and dobbs). I think that if he had lived and they had continued they would have been a force to be reckoned with.

So are there any other rock/metal bands out there that due to unforseen circumstances(not talking about infighting or someone quitting) finished or ceased to exist before they had a chance to make a mark on the music world!!

In the words of SNOT.................The Band Plays On!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The one that jumped out straight away for me is Drowning Pool. Their debut album was a cracker. Their lead singer sadly died of heart problems on tour and they've gone through a succession of replacements since then, none of which have measured up to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Malice wrote: »
    The one that jumped out straight away for me is Drowning Pool. Their debut album was a cracker. Their lead singer sadly died of heart problems on tour and they've gone through a succession of replacements since then, none of which have measured up to the original.

Literally popped in here to say the same thing... Dave was a great singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Waist not a car crash? Not long after the Irish ozfest back when?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

The one that jumped out straight away for me is Drowning Pool.

Oh yeah, I forgot about them. I used to listen to that album regularly without skipping a track back in the day; it really was a cracker. I haven't listened to anything by them past their debut.

Every old school WWF fan knows Bodies :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I think I know what I'm voting for in next week's album of the week ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

+1 from me, Great band and coincidently i've been listening to their song Tear Away over and over again for the last couple of days now.

Don't mind the Dark Knight video in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

They did a pretty awesome official video for that one too, Heath Ledger's The Joker works great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Sublime, great band on the verge of a major breakthrough with their third album when Bradley Nowell died of an overdose. They split up immediately after his death:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Ah yes, then Sugar Ray attached themselves to the bands corpse and sucked it dry of moneys.

Advertisement