Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europrice shut its doors

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cahill2012

Newaglish wrote: »
    Your post is completely factually incorrect.

Appointment of a liquidator is sufficient proof of the company's inability to pay. The government will pay the 100% redundancy to the employee and will become a creditor of the company themselves for the 85% balance that the company would normally pay.

The government also pays arrears of wages and holiday pay as I outlined above.

To be honest,I wldnt trust what a former liquidator,if thats what u are,would have to say on this.Of course u would back each other up.You do put people out on the streets and out of jobs at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭green123

cahill2012 wrote: »
    Your obviously backing up someone who works for them.Matter closed,later!
    To be honest,I wldnt trust what a former liquidator,if thats what u are,would have to say on this.Of course u would back each other up.You do put people out on the streets and out of jobs at the end of the day.

cahill

admit that you are wrong. the employees wasted their time.

they were always going to get their entitlements.

i posted a link to citizens information in an earlier post. that is an official government website. so even if you dont believe what we are telling you here you must believe that ?

here have another read of it :

The Protection of Employees (Employers' Insolvency) Acts 1984 - 2004 protect certain outstanding entitlements relating to the pay of employees in the event of their employers becoming insolvent as defined in the Acts.

Subject to certain limits and conditions (including statutory time limits), money due to employees in a range of situations may be paid by the Department of Social Protection out of the Social Insurance Fund. Instances where the Department may pay from this fund include circumstances where money due as a result of:

Arrears of pay (including arrears of pay due under an Employment Regulation Order)
    Holiday and sick pay
    Entitlements under the minimum notice and terms of employment, employment equality and unfair dismissals legislation
    Court orders in respect of wages, holiday pay or damages at common law for wrongful dismissal.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/redundancy/redundancy_payments.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

@newaglish how did ya sleep at night knowing that what you used do causes unwanted stress in people????

@barney_v20 the girls were right to react in the way that they did and even how they took the store was just pure genius in my view,i would do the same thing myself if my employer were ever to go under which is very highly unlikely as there a multibillion euro irish owned group who operate globally!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

It's a fact. The law. It's been linked here numerous times, just read up on it.
    @newaglish how did ya sleep at night knowing that what you used do causes unwanted stress in people????

I think you misunderstand the purpose of a liquidator. A liquidator's job is to sell the assets of the company in a manner that best benefits the creditors of that company. The creditors of the company includes the employees.

I didn't wake up every morning and pick a random company out of the golden pages and gleefully tell them that I was going to make them redundant. A company goes into liquidation when it runs out of money and the liquidator is the one that tries to protect the interests of those people that are owed money by that company. Yes that would involve informing people that they had lost their jobs but it was never the case that I would pick people out of a hat and decide to take their jobs away from them.

I spent a lot of time becoming an expert in employment law specifically so that I could work to protect the interests of those employees that had lost their jobs in such situations, and to make sure they could get all of the monies that they were entitled to. I actually only came on to this thread to see if I had any useful advice to offer to the employees but I've been met with hostility, paranoia and lots of emotional bluster with little facts to back it up. I've dealt with countless cases like this; I understand the employees are angry about what has happened but it's times like these where you need a cool, logical head to deal with the issues that arise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Mods , close this thread for Gods sake, it,s going nowhere fast

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No need for this topic anymore. Congrats etc.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement