Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I trust Globalvisas

Options
  • 28-06-2012 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I filled out an initial application for migration agency services for australia from a company called globalvisas, I got a call last monday from an Irish guy who works for them. He told me that global visas will not only help with getting the visa but will help with getting a job also, he wanted 25 percent of the total 1600 fee there and then but i told him id pay it on thursday, since then Ive done a bit of research on line and theres quite a few people with complaints against this company, and I think theres a boards thread that has give negetive feedback on them.Anyway they tried calling me back today so I didnt bother answering the phone, they sent me an email also so i just replied that I was worried about the negative feedback I foundand wouldnt be using them, this is the email I got back

''I understand your apprehension following reading some online "reviews". Let me reassure you Global Visas is accredited with the OISC, ICCRC and MARA who are all government regulatory bodies. The complaints you have viewed online have been investigated and found to be unfounded and we have also noticed similarities in IP addresses that would lead us to believe many entries were written by the same person under various names. If these complaints had any basis, we would not be in operation seventeen years later. Our clients are protected by a legal agreement which is sent to potential clients prior to them actually becoming our client.

To be perfectly honest, any company processing the large number of applications we do on a yearly basis (approx. 27,000) are bound to have some complaints. These complaints make up less than 0.5% of our clients and as I stated before, we would no longer be in operation if they had any basis for complaint.

In addition, the majority of these complaints are all posted by a small number of individuals and replicated by competitor's intent on tarnishing the name of Global Visas.

We hope that this has cleared up any uncertainty you may have with using our services.''

Im not sure what to do, if they are trust worthy id use them and the fact theyare regeistered with Mara is a plus, would like other opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Are they asking for a fee upfront for the job or the visa?

what are they charging and for what visa?

as they say, they are a large visa processing company, they might be MARA accredited, but that doesn't mean the person you deal with is registered with MARA.

Two questions for you
    What visa are you applying for?
    and why do you need a agent rather than yourself.

Liz O'hagen has been used and is trusted by users here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

As soon as people start offering to help you get a job in Australia, I tend to be very suspicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 jeeny christina

I think if the company says for sending money to them then it’s a spam. For more information you can search for their terms and conditions which include topics like Site Access and License, Online Assessments, Disclaimer and Liability, Profile etc. Yes, you must know about the visa you are applying for and have a complete detail about the company before sending them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laucolin

I would like to go to Australia too and find a permanent job over there as I cannot find a job here in Ireland in architecture. With credit crunch and crisis not many people have the money to build something in Ireland at the moment.

Anyway, I would like to know if for permanent visa (such as working visa for 4 years for example) are they as easy to obtain through the government website or in this case would it be easier to go with "visafirst" or "usit".

What about getting a job, should get a job before applying for the visa or after ? Because before, not many employer would accept to take me if they are not sure I can work there and when I'll get the visa. On the other hand, would they grant me a visa if I don't have a job waiting for me in Oz ?

thanks in advance for your help. smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

laucolin wrote: »
    I would like to go to Australia too and find a permanent job over there as I cannot find a job here in Ireland in architecture. With credit crunch and crisis not many people have the money to build something in Ireland at the moment.

Anyway, I would like to know if for permanent visa (such as working visa for 4 years for example) are they as easy to obtain through the government website or in this case would it be easier to go with "visafirst" or "usit".

What about getting a job, should get a job before applying for the visa or after ? Because before, not many employer would accept to take me if they are not sure I can work there and when I'll get the visa. On the other hand, would they grant me a visa if I don't have a job waiting for me in Oz ?

thanks in advance for your help. smile.png

I think the first thing you should do would be to get in touch with a good migration agent unless you intend on doing alot more resesarch into the visa process. Do you qualify for a working holiday visa? There is a new system for applying for permanent visas in place since July this year. Depending on your experience and qualifications it may be easier or harder to obtain a visa than previously.

You can't get a job in Australia without a visa. What you may be thinking is 457 sponsorship where you are sponsored by a company to work in Australia. The downside of this visa is that you are tied to this company and so if you leave or lose your job you have 28 days to find a new sponsor or a return ticket to Ireland. It would be almost impossible to get this visa from Ireland as they would have no idea how good you are and how you would fit in in the company.

My advice would be to do alot more research on the subject. If you are serious about it then you will need to do more than type "visa Australia" into google.

• Advertisement

Mod please don't spam our forum with the same question multiple threads. As Aido said do some research first

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tephan

Hi All,

Just a hint my experience with Global Visas, They promised me I can immigrate to Canada and pressurized me into paying them the +-EUR 2500 and they will get you permanent residence and a quicker way to citizenship and they get you a Job. Well I paid my money and 4 months down the line I still don't have anything I don't get contacted as they promised every week and there is no recruitment agent in Canada as they promised. I wasted all my money as they refuse to refund me and I am back to square one!!!

Dont pay them anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

1) try entering 'Global visas reviews' into google
    2) read all the results on the first couple of pages
    3) Now make an informed decision based on your search results.

Simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

mandrake04 wrote: »
    1) try entering 'Global visas reviews' into google
    2) read all the results on the first couple of pages
    3) Now make an informed decision based on your search results.

Simple really.

I really can't understand why you come across as so arrogant and standoffish on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Slidey wrote: »
    I really can't understand why you come across as so arrogant and standoffish on this forum.

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Slidey wrote: »

How can the written text be arrogant and standoffish???

Just asking like.

I thought it was decent enough to suggest someone do a bit of a search, especially regarding a first time poster digging up a Zombie thread in the Australia Forum complaining about a company who supposedly shafted him in Canada....

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

A friend dragged me along to a talk they were giving at the Red Cow hotel about 3 years ago. Pure scam artists. They were promising the sun, moon and stars to people but when you asked them a specific question, they wouldnt answer.

mod closing thread as mentioned it was an old thread to which someone with a gripe has dug up and vented their frustration.
    Nothing further can be added

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement