Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poisonous plants with pets

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

buttercups and laurel, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 teflonchest

Tulipout wrote: »
    I came across this after a bit of googling. It might be of interest to people here. http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/poisonous_plants.html
    Its basically a list of poisonous plants

Great info... never thought Lilies and Tulips could be poisonous to anyone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wish they would state actual amounts when they say these things. So many are listed as "can be"

Dogs and cats tend to be sensible. We have a lot of the listed stuff here and the critters are not interested. Collie grazes freely on nettles, as she knows they contain a pain reliever ( arthritis) and wee dog enjoys grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

They arent always sensible, my 2 cats make a bee line for lillies any time we have any. They attempt to eat any flower on the house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

They arent always sensible, my 2 cats make a bee line for lillies any time we have any. They attempt to eat any flower on the house!
    Yeh i only found out last year the lily pollen can be fatal in cats. This was after id had a lily plant in the house for nearly a mth :o Luckily Beanie had no ill effects. Ragin as i looooove the smell of Lillies.

Also didnt know raisins were poisonous to dogs. Had a dog in work at xmas who ate a whole xmas cake and ended up on a drip for 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

lillies signify death , anyway , whats that plant with an orange berry - its fatal for dogs and cats..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

I'd love to know how they do the research for these findings. I looked into it because a mate noticed we had Honeysuckle and he wasn't sure but he thought it was toxic to dogs. Even though my dogs haven't touched the plants, I've got rid because my neighbour has a dog.

Christmas2012. Plant with orange berry maybe a Holly.

Advertisement