Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help bridging two routers, please!

• 28-06-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I am with UPC and have have a Belkin N600 (Model: F9K1102 v1) attached to my cable modem. Can't pick up the wi-fi signal in all parts of the house - too many brick walls, etc - but I have a second Belkin router, an N300 router (Model: F9k1002 v3) and a set of Devolo 85Mb PowerLine Adapters to run the signal through the electricity lines. My problem is configuring the secon router to the first. Not sure of the exact settings to use. Am I setting it up as a bridge or an access point or what?

Any help as to how to configure the settings on the N300 router (and if necessary change anything on my primary router) would be helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nah, in that case its not bridging, you just want to create an AP.

Disable DHCP(on the new one), connect the cable and reboot and it should work.

Advertisement