Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle Bowling and Swimming Pool

Options
  • 28-06-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi, Can anyone tell me please if this is open/has re opened? I've tried googling and phoning the number in Yellow pages but can't find anything. Visiting Dingle over the summer and was planning an afternoon there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

As far as I know it hasn't reopened but I'll be driving past it tomorrow and if it is I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Yes please lottpaul if you get a chance to update me, I'd love to know. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The pool was tiny, you'd be hard pressed to do spend an afternoon there. What about the rock-climbing/zipline Play at Height?

I agree it was tiny alright, I wouldn't be looking for a major workout though- just a little floating around! Also with a bit of bowling we could pass a few hours. I'm afraid I am not one for rock climbing bit of a coward, hence the baby pool afternoons :D Thanks for your suggestions all the same, much appreciated.
    Also Physio has advised swimming over the weekend and I know the Skellig is members/residents only, even if you are having a Spa treatment you can't use the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Had a quick look this morning and no luck I'm afraid. Well and truly closed and no sign of activity at all.
    The Skellig Hotel is members only but members can bring guests for €10 per adult. If you're staying with someone locally perhaps they could link you up with a member?

Sorry the news isn't more positive. On the other hand maybe the sun will be splitting the stones, the tar melting on the roads, the heat rising in waves and you can nip off to Ventry, Inch etc. Then again, maybe not,,,,,,

Enjoy your trip!

• Advertisement

Thanks lottpaul, I feared that was going to be the answer. I do know someone who may be a member so might try them. I think Ventry beach would be taking optimism to new heights but like your way of thinking! Thanks again

Advertisement