Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Audiophiles' Lounge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

emo72 wrote: »
    Mine came this morning. So about 2 weeks.

Edit. Ordered 9th of November.

That was quick to lose . . .:P

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

they look great. theres a lad selling a pair on adverts. i have ie8s myself so cant justify it.

Definitely too soon to say how they rate versus the IE8's - they've been my favourites for a few years now and I struggle to see how I'd find something to beat them!

Finding it really difficult to get the right earphone to stay in, really annoying - I always use the memory foam tips but with these it just won't stay in, even when it does it's just barely and as such not making a full seal. I'll have to try some of the silicone tips to see if that works... strange when I could get a perfect fit on the MA750s, I'm assuming its the extra weight in these.

Tops marks though to RHA as usual in terms of their packaging, accessories and overall build quality of the product - they really do feel and look like something that should cost at least twice their price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Gheadphone

How are the IE8s? I have Etymotic EPT4s and i love them but i wonder if the IE8 is a big step up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Gheadphone wrote: »
    How are the IE8s? I have Etymotic EPT4s and i love them but i wonder if the IE8 is a big step up?

great. i've went through many types of headphones but these are the only ones i ever kept, then bought a second pair when they came my way cheap. just to be sure.

i use memory foam tips on them ,comply, there pricey, but whats the point of having them if you cant wear them comfortably and get a good seal.

scubadevil is having a problem getting the T10s to fit him, no point in having great sound if you cant get them into your ears and being comfortable. granted im equally sure the IE8s cause fitting trouble for some people too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

great. i've went through many types of headphones but these are the only ones i ever kept

That's how i am with my UM3X's :D for me they're just ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Lads, does anyone have any suggestions for a closed/portable €200 headphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

marko93 wrote: »

I have been listening with headphones for over 35 years. I currently have the Sennheiser Momentum over the ears and they are superb. However, they are also around €300. Right now, Harvey Norman has the ON ear version for €159.00. If you check out the forum Head-Fi dot org, they have a very good for sale section.

has to be the over the momentum. especially if you are going to use it in the wild. the leather is specially made for outdoors, it sounds great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Try the Monster DNA on-ear in PCWorld.

Also, heard great things about the NAD VISO HP50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can I join this club?

Proud owner of a set of B&W P7's and a Tidal subscription. I'm listening to music I've known for years but hearing new things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I am thinking of getting the B&W P5's.

I have a loan of a pair at the moment and love them. I have a couple of options though:

P5 (New)- €260
    P5 (Recertified) - €200
    P5 Series 2 - €300

I was talking to the guy in Cloney and he said the Recertified are basically new, they come with 2 year warranty.

My real question is has anyone heard the Series 2? Are they €100 better than the original?

Would anyone here be interested in buying V-Moda M80s?

Just seeing if there's any interest before I make an ad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Meh, I've heard crazier than that regarding CDs, such as freezing them or (my absolute favourite) polishing them with toothpaste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Morf wrote: »
    That was quick to lose . . .:P

They arrived last Tuesday 10th in the end. Shipped the 18th of November.

Very pleased with them altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up a pair of Sennheiser Momentum On Ear in the sales. What is the general consensus?

I'll be using them mostly for walking around town, taking flights... I listen to all sorts of rock music and like a bit of bass.

I'm avoiding the over ear, because they create a weird seal/vacuum over my ear and does something odd to my eardrum... My other option would be B&W P5's, but the price difference is massive and they don't seem to beat the Sennheiser by much in the reviews I've found.

http://en-ie.sennheiser.com/momentum-on-ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up a pair of Sennheiser Momentum On Ear in the sales. What is the general consensus?

I'll be using them mostly for walking around town, taking flights... I listen to all sorts of rock music and like a bit of bass.

I'm avoiding the over ear, because they create a weird seal/vacuum over my ear and does something odd to my eardrum... My other option would be B&W P5's, but the price difference is massive and they don't seem to beat the Sennheiser by much in the reviews I've found.

http://en-ie.sennheiser.com/momentum-on-ear

I would prefer these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIeCPQyxjcs , if going on-ear.

colossus-x wrote: »
    I would prefer these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIeCPQyxjcs , if going on-ear.

Are you going purely by what Tyll said or do you have them yourself? They look pretty cool!

• Advertisement

Are you going purely by what Tyll said or do you have them yourself? They look pretty cool!

Good point - well I find the momentum's on ear very uncomfortable. I tried the on and over ear in harvey normans recently. You can see there is virtually no cushioning where the headband meets the top of the head. So a definite no for me on those regardless of sound quality. But your right I haven't tried the Koss myself. I would just trust Tyll on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Good point - well I find the momentum's on ear very uncomfortable. I tried the on and over ear in harvey normans recently. You can see there is virtually no cushioning where the headband meets the top of the head. So a definite no for me on those regardless of sound quality. But your right I haven't tried the Koss myself. I would just trust Tyll on that one.

Have owned the Momentums now for about a year and I dont find them uncomfortable at all. I use them for extended periods of time and have no issue. In fact they are the one set I've had in the last few years that I can say that about. Very hard to get a good feel for headphones when you are just trying them on. Everyone has different opinions though!

Sound wise they are fantastic. I listen to a huge variety of music from classical to traditional to rock and I have never felt underwhelmed. The only thing that annoys me is that the inline mic and buttons don't work with my Android phone. Other than that if you can get them at a good price I'd recommend them.

Sorry by no means was that a jab of any form at you, I was actually curious because I have the PortaPros and they impress me so much I wanted to know what people thought of the newer sets! :o

Momentum On-Ears would be a good shout, pretty cheap on Amazon and coming up in the flash sale too!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

The Sennheisers are outstanding for the price. For further information, Google the head-fi forum, great reviews there.

Sorry by no means was that a jab of any form at you, I was actually curious because I have the PortaPros and they impress me so much I wanted to know what people thought of the newer sets! :o

Momentum On-Ears would be a good shout, pretty cheap on Amazon and coming up in the flash sale too!

Just saw this , you may be interested !

http://www.head-fi.org/t/747812/sennheiser-momentum-on-ear-brown-brand-new

Thanks all for the feedback. You've helped me make the decision. I'll pick them up today.

• Advertisement

It seems the momentums are out of stock in a lot of places. Anyone seen them around south Dublin or city center?

Particularly the ivory & brown versionof the on-ears.

It seems the momentums are out of stock in a lot of places. Anyone seen them around south Dublin or city center?

Particularly the ivory & brown versionof the on-ears.

I've seen them in xtravision if you haven't tried there.

edit: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Sennheiser-Cream-On-Ear-MOMENTUM-Headphones/xv-movies-games-entertainment/pd/74645

Apparently the Momentums are short because senn are releasing new wireless ones next year.

I picked them up in Harvey Norman's in Swords today. Last pair of ivory... They are in short supply across Dublin.

Wireless version would be great, but a bit too late for my needs. Plus with the amount of travel I do, I'm happier not to have to charge them.

Harvey Norman in Carrickmines were adamant that the moments are last year's model and that they have been replaced by the Urbanites... Saying Momentum won't be back. Seems to go against all I've read online.

Apparently the Momentums are short because senn are releasing new wireless ones next year.

Hey Zapp, have you any source for this? Can't find any mention online...

• Advertisement

Heard it from a few different Hifi shops. Also notice that Amazon now call them Momentum 1.0

Yay I was right!

Would love the chance to try the new Over Ears wired version see if the cups are any bigger or more comfortable for my ears.

Yay I was right!

Would love the chance to try the new Over Ears wired version see if the cups are any bigger or more comfortable for my ears.

Cool. Hope I can get a HTC control cable for my (new) first gens... stilll happy with my purchase, but looking forward to the comparisons...

£350 though? I think I can wait

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I wonder how much i'd get if I sold my L1's (the reason this thread exists :P)....most likely it's not worth my while selling them, i just have headphone envy

Like OMG!!!
    I have an awful dilemma...

Bought the momentum on ears after Christmas... Just got a present of a pair of Bose QC25... The Bose are more practical, cos they fold up smaller... But they do need a battery...

But the Sennheiser have better bass and suit me more...

Can't bring either back, because I have been using the momentums and am in a different country now... And the Bose were a present... Now I have a collection!

where's the dilemma :P

...that now he needs another DAP? :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just got some over ear Momentums. Really impressed. They fit me perfectly but I can see why they don't suit a lot of people..... 199 euro on Pixmania at the moment.

Just got some over ear Momentums. Really impressed. They fit me perfectly but I can see why they don't suit a lot of people..... 199 euro on Pixmania at the moment.

Fab. Please do elaborate on the comment '...but I can see whey they don't suit a lot of people.' These are the things we want to know : )

Pixmania seem to be really good on prices in comparison to Amazon, my sis just got a sony xperia compact on it - cheapest online price !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Fab. Please do elaborate on the comment '...but I can see whey they don't suit a lot of people.' These are the things we want to know : )

Pixmania seem to be really good on prices in comparison to Amazon, my sis just got a sony xperia compact on it - cheapest online price !

Just simply in terms of fit. If you even have slightly larger ears, these would be very uncomfortable. Looks like they have sorted this with the m2.

While I'm waiting for my CIEMs I decided to pick up a cheap pair of Havi B3 Pro 1's. Wow! For the price they sound great. Really balanced and detailed sound.

Has anyone listened to any Focal Spirit headphones? Thinking of getting some of the FS Pro's for work since they're meant to be something like the flattest FR around in a closed back circumaural.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

While I'm waiting for my CIEMs I decided to pick up a cheap pair of Havi B3 Pro 1's. Wow! For the price they sound great. Really balanced and detailed sound.

I've been looking for a good and reasonably priced IEM. Where did you pick them up and for how? Have been very close to buying these before but always held off for some reason!

I've been looking for a good and reasonably priced IEM. Where did you pick them up and for how? Have been very close to buying these before but always held off for some reason!

Got them brand new from a guy on HeadFi who bought two pairs.

Before I looked to get them on Amazon US but with their added vat it doubled the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

http://www.lendmeurears.com/havi-b3-pro-i/

Lend me ur ears are pretty good, I bought a pair of GR07 Classic off them and it came in a week's time, with no custom charge;)

0xZa238.png

LOL :pac:

i dont get it? ^^^^ i guess thats a pono. is there something wrong with it?

i dont get it? ^^^^ i guess thats a pono. is there something wrong with it?
    I'm just mistyfied how this was billed as a "premium" device when its design is so... bland.

Also reportedly it gets <8hrs battery life, and drains badly even when "off".

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm just mistyfied how this was billed as a "premium" device when its design is so... bland.

Also reportedly it gets <8hrs battery life, and drains badly even when "off".

..and to add from the reviews I've read/seen it's just not a 400 quid player :pac:

Advertisement