Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flights to Florida

• 28-06-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

American Airways have flights to florida for 454 euro return on 26th sept to 10 october. This is a great price and might be of interest to someone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭irishgeo

m.j.w wrote: »
    American Airways have flights to florida for 454 euro return on 26th sept to 10 october. This is a great price and might be of interest to someone.

Damn not going till November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Heading in November to Vegas :) so wish it was for then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I was looking at flights in Jan with british airways for €449 earlier... Seriously thinking about heading over now..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Obvious question..
    From where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

snubbleste wrote: »
    Obvious question..
    From where?

Las Vegas :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Which Florida airport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

I use skyscanner for pricing flights. For those dates you can get to Orlando from Dublin for €417 return:
    http://www.skyscanner.ie/flights/dub/orlb/120926/121010/airfares-from-dublin-to-orlando-in-september-2012-and-october-2012.html

If you're looking to go in November you could get there for €378 return:
    http://www.skyscanner.ie/flights/dub/orlb/121107/121121/airfares-from-dublin-to-orlando-in-november-2012.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Delta have cheap flights too - €434 for teh first 2 weeks in September.

Very tempted but trying to resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

September is hurricane season there in case people don't know

adox wrote: »

Actually, just looking at skyscanner and can get teh first 2 weeks in September for €414 with Air France. The only worrying thing is the stop over in JFK. The turn around time seems very tight - 1 hour 50 on the way over and an hour and a half on the way back.:eek:

What happens if you miss the connecting flight?

• Advertisement

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    September is hurricane season there in case people don't know

Most of the summer is hurricane season there tbh. It wouldnt stop me going around that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

Actually, just looking at skyscanner and can get teh first 2 weeks in September for €414 with Air France. The only worrying thing is the stop over in JFK. The turn around time seems very tight - 1 hour 50 on the way over and an hour and a half on the way back.:eek:

What happens if you miss the connecting flight?

If its booked through the Delta website they will put you on the next available Delta flight. This is 6 hours later (I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

And don't forget that you can clear customs and immigration in Ireland saving you time in new York. That connection sounds fine in both directions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Delta airlines are absolutely woeful. I've had the misfortune of travelling with them a few times before. They have the most ancient planes i have ever been on. They just have a an overhead projector for in-flight entertainment that is quite fuzzy and also the sounds skips everyone 10 seconds.

Also i'm gluten intolerant and the food they gave me was terrible and actually had things with gluten on it. I've found their air hostesses to be quite unfriendly or helpful. They are single handed the worst airline i have flown with and I've flown with a large number of different airlines. It makes a long and boring journey even worse.

Delta seem to have quite nice modern planes for all of the domestic flights with screens and purchasable wifi even but they don't seem to give a toss about their long haul and trans-atlantic flights. If BA is only €50 or so more then I would def go with them instead as they are infinitely better! I find it really does make a huge difference if the flight is a little more enjoyable.

KLM and Air france use them for co-shares also so a lot of those flights will be operated with delta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Delta are not the worst if you know what to watch out for.
    Firstly, the Boeing 757 fleet of aircraft on transatlantic service all have individual televisions on the seats with tv and movies on demand. The 767 fleet don't, and are pretty old and do make for a longer feeling flight than normal.
    The crew do tend to be very distant and rude and I am afraid no aircraft type will change this. The likes of Aer lingus and british airways do have an advantage here, at least the crews are friendly and appear helpful.

suppafly wrote: »
    Delta airlines are absolutely woeful. I've had the misfortune of travelling with them a few times before. They have the most ancient planes i have ever been on. They just have a an overhead projector for in-flight entertainment that is quite fuzzy and also the sounds skips everyone 10 seconds.

Also i'm gluten intolerant and the food they gave me was terrible and actually had things with gluten on it. I've found their air hostesses to be quite unfriendly or helpful. They are single handed the worst airline i have flown with and I've flown with a large number of different airlines. It makes a long and boring journey even worse.

Delta seem to have quite nice modern planes for all of the domestic flights with screens and purchasable wifi even but they don't seem to give a toss about their long haul and trans-atlantic flights. If BA is only €50 or so more then I would def go with them instead as they are infinitely better! I find it really does make a huge difference if the flight is a little more enjoyable.

KLM and Air france use them for co-shares also so a lot of those flights will be operated with delta.

Thanks for that. Its good to know and I will certainly keep it mind. I dont think it would be enough to put me off. If there was an alternative that was slightly dearer I would probably pay the difference for the comfort but they are way cheaper than everyone else it seems.

Having a look again this morning and its even cheaper, with a combination of Delta and Air France. Looks like Air France for the cross atlantic and Delta for the internal flight, although I`m not sure thats the way it operates in practice.

Also the transfer times are tight so dont know what way that works with multiple airline bookings if you miss the connection.

http://www.skyscanner.ie/flights/dub/mco/120901/120915/airfares-from-dublin-to-orlando-international-in-september-2012.html

€406.00 return for the first 2 weeks in September is pretty darn cheap in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

as it happens I just booked these this morning, and was happy with the price - I was on the verge of booking a charter holiday via UK, and what we take for granted on transatlantic flight are all extras using charters, baggage / food... So the price was a winner for me, plus being able to do immigration in Ireland rather than join the queue for 1000 in the US airport!
    Its swings and roundabouts, but those flights were in the range of €750 last month, this month I got 2 for €850!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Didn't think there was any need to make a new thread for this but again this might be of interest to someone

If you search skyscanner,ie for flights from Dublin to Los Angeles from the 4th to the 18th of September, you will see there are plenty available from 450 to 500€ return which is a really great price IMHO. The pick is British Airways for €482 return, BA long haul economy is very good indeed IMO and there's only a short 2 hour wait at Heathrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Having a look again this morning and its even cheaper, with a combination of Delta and Air France. Looks like Air France for the cross atlantic and Delta for the internal flight, although I`m not sure thats the way it operates in practice.

If it's a translantic flight from Dublin to ATL or JFK it will be operated by Delta with a Air France Codeshare.
    Also the transfer times are tight so dont know what way that works with multiple airline bookings if you miss the connection.

If you miss the connection and its on a thru ticket they are responsible to get you to your destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Cheers OP there hasnt been a decent flight bargain on BA in ages!!!

I had been looking at vegas/florida for sept oct and it was around 650-800 mark for flights now its down to 400-500. Can get an all in(flights+accom) week to vegas or orlando now for just over 600e, great price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've only used them for one trip (4 flights in total), but found them fine. Every passenger had their own entertainment screen and the quality was fine - and that was for both the transatlantic flight as well as the internal one. In fact, that was first long haul flight I've been on that didn't use the overhead telly. The service was fine too.

I travelled twice to the States with BA last year and found them OK, but nothing to write home about.
    They are single handed the worst airline i have flown with and I've flown with a large number of different airlines

For general unfriendliness, good old Ryanair still wins that award for me. For lack of comfort, mod-cons and a general feeling of "will we arrive there alive?", it would have to be China Airlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Delta are perfectly fine, no worse than any of the other US carriers, flew with them many a time usually very comfortable with or without AVOD (who needs this if you have iPhone/iPod/iPad with preloaded movies??)

US Airways are budget orientated, stripped down service.

United I once had to endure from Heathrow to LAX, p*ss poor. Haven't flown the Newark route from Dublin though.

AA I would avoid like the plague personally. Virgin Atlantic excellent albeit via London.

Advertisement