Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistors for Astec Conversion

Options
  • 28-06-2012 10:22pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It appears HKC are no longer even supporting this for Astec systems.
    Anyone else had issues sourcing these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

KoolKid wrote: »
    It appears HKC are no longer even supporting this for Astec systems.
    Anyone else had issues sourcing these?
    Why should they, radionics, haslams even ebay would be my first stop

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    Why should they,
    Because its support for a product they own.
    Siemens have no problem giving me a pile of 2k2 resistors.
    Are you saying they shouldn't supply resistors?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The word is Astec is going to be liquidated and will be absolved of all obligations regarding product support etc. of Astec products.

I wouldn't waste any energy trying to get them from HKC. As Jnealon said, get them from ebay or Radionics.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not wasting my time or energy. Just asking. I think its a very mean thing to do considering it also facilitates using their sensors on an Astec system.

For about €4 including delivery on ebay, you'll get 100 resistors. Dirt cheap.

• Advertisement

Its not about the price, its just the principal. As long as I've been in this business manufacturers have always supplied you with resistors. The low price just shows the meanness of them not supplying them.

HKC have washed their hands of Astec and their products. They have no real interest in supporting anything Astec related. They only wanted Astec's sensor head, now they no have it. Time to move on.

Moving on down a different road...;)

Advertisement