Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual accounts?

Options
  • 28-06-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry cant see it in the T and Cs (may be there)

but are we allowed 2 accounts on boards :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's generally frowned upon.

If an alt account is used to evade a forum ban then it usually doesn't end well. :)

Conversely, if you just want to innocently close your account and start again then its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

In general it tends to be one account per person, unless of course you have a good reason and get it rubber stamped by an admin. Like posting about stuff related to your area of expertise which you don't want linked to your personal posts. But even if you
    do get it cleared with the admins if you abuse it then chances are you'll loose both.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sorry cant see it in the T and Cs (may be there)

but are we allowed 2 accounts on boards :confused:
    From here
    Duplicate accounts are not permitted - if you require a duplicate account, please PM one of the admins to discuss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm curious how do you deal with multiple accounts on a shared pc which would be common within a family or even shared house.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

We take it on a case by case basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Gordon wrote: »
    We take it on a case by case basis.

Grand, was just an scenario which you can imagine coming up with some frequency.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Grand, was just an scenario which you can imagine coming up with some frequency.

My younger brother got done for spamming links to his eBay auctions a few years back. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I had to ask my wife to step away - her posting to the Animal forum was getting a little too close to the bone for my liking. Figured it was only a matter of time (days) before she got both of us kicked out... She still talks to me though (sometimes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Taltos wrote: »
    I had to ask my wife to step away - her posting to the Animal forum was getting a little too close to the bone for my liking. Figured it was only a matter of time (days) before she got both of us kicked out... She still talks to me though (sometimes)

No wonder you mod the forums you mod.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My younger brother got done for spamming links to his eBay auctions a few years back. :pac:
    Always the "younger brother";)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

My brother want's to start an account on the same computer. I've been banned from after hours. Will he be allowed start one up. I've heard starting one up if you've been banned from somewhere is frowned upon, but it's not for me it's for my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Martin_94 wrote: »
    My brother want's to start an account on the same computer. I've been banned from after hours. Will he be allowed start one up. I've heard starting one up if you've been banned from somewhere is frowned upon, but it's not for me it's for my brother.

He could start one and post anywhere but AH, but his posting style and interests would want to be very different from yours otherwise ya'll will basically be seen as being one person.

Could one of the Mods please give me an answer 'cause the older brother's getting really annoyed. He said he will beat me up if he is not allowed an account with access to After Hours.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Could one of the Mods please give me an answer 'cause the older brother's getting really annoyed. He said he will beat me up if he is not allowed an account with access to After Hours.

Thanks

How come your brother only wants an account now when you are banned?

You need to stand you for yourself, hit him back and if that fails tell your mammy about him.

hondasam wrote: »
    How come your brother only wants an account now when you are banned?

You need to stand you for yourself, hit him back and if that fails tell your mammy about him.

I've been banned (unfairly) for awhile now. He's only just heard about boards.

I detest violence and would not resort to hitting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I don't suppose my asking would his "brother" be allowed have an account make a difference? I kinda wanna see if his brother is a better poster than he! Of course it should be up to the AH mods over all, because to be fair it's gonna be their problem if worse comes to worst! But I'm sure this guys "brother" will be perfectly Legit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Theres hundreds of other forums, he doesnt need After Hours ;)

You could poke him in the eye with a fork, as a joke.

Punch him in the neck, that's not real violence. Play fight with him sure all brothers do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

KeithM89 wrote: »

There is indeed hundreds of other forums but is there any where you'd get the light hearted banter/witty retorts like you get in AH?

KeithM89 wrote: »

Hi Keith, this is Martin's brother writing this.

I think I would be a very good poster in After Hours, and I can guarantee I will not behave like my younger immature brother.

In addition all of my posts will spark intelligent discussion and unrivaled debates, all of which will be carried out in accordance with the boards.ie guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hi Martin's brother, so you are saying that Martin_94 has allowed you into his account to plead your case re starting an account with boards?

Hi Martin's brother, so you are saying that Martin_94 has allowed you into his account to plead your case re starting an account with boards?

This is Martin again, yeah that was my brother. I allowed him to write that message. He's not re-starting an account though, it'll be his first account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Yea Hot Sharpshooter, keep up.:p

Hi Keith, this is Martin's brother writing this.

I think I would be a very good poster in After Hours, and I can guarantee I will not behave like my younger immature brother.

In addition all of my posts will spark intelligent discussion and unrivaled debates, all of which will be carried out in accordance with the boards.ie guidelines.

You sure AH is the place for you ? what is the fascination with AH?

This is Martin again, yeah that was my brother. I allowed him to write that message. He's not re-starting an account though, it'll be his first account.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I've bolded the difference there Martin_94 although I should have put a comma after re.

Is your brother gone to bed?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I've bolded the difference there Martin_94 although I should have put a comma after re.

Is your brother gone to bed?

No.

No.

Are you not allowing him to answer me?

Are you not allowing him to answer me?

No not at all, when I said "no" I meant he's not gone to bed. He'll answer any questions you like.

No not at all, when I said "no" I meant he's not gone to bed. He'll answer any questions you like.

what's your brother's name?

• Advertisement

Ah right, so @ Martin's brother, are you saying that Martin_94, your brother, who is banned from AHs is allowing you into his account to plead your case re, starting an account with boards?

Advertisement